Tuesday 9 March 2010

It's Snowing

Tuesday 5th of January was a very exciting day for us because it started snowing!!!!!! I think there is something very special about snow falling outside your own home! None of the English could believe our luck really - 2 massive snow falls in 1 year. Everyone was trying to tell us how unusual it is to see snow in Taunton - or anywhere in southern England really, and here we were with snow the week we arrived, and again 1 week before we left! All of our friends said before this year it had been something like 20 years since they had seen snow settle around them like this! It started snowing late afternoon and the flakes were huge! I have never seen such big snow flakes before - it was sensational!!!

These photos were all taken outside our house and in our car park on Tuesday afternoon.











We were quite happy with the snow fall we received that afternoon... but this turned out to be nothing compared to what we would wake to the following day...

7 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

That's great - looking at these pics brings back memories though of outside your place...crazy that you're not there anymore really.

Ange Carmichael said...

*gorgeous*

lauracritchfield said...

I can't believe how much snow that is...that's like pretty thick. Anyway I couldnt find the comments thing on the last post so I'm commenting again on this post...but I kind of wish it snowed like that when we were there - Kobe gets a little excited when he sees snow...and it looks like Lani and Emily are pretty into it as well..LOL

Blanche said...

Everything is so beautiful when it snows and it's just so exciting.

Nettie's Blog said...

welcome back...so nice to see you on Friday at the birthday party... you wont take long to get back into the swing now..
just love that snow...everyone tells me that it is so silent when snow falls ...it dulls the sound of everyday noise..is that right???? me and my questions!!!
it sure is beautiful...but i dont like the cold..i appreciate the beauty of the snow though..just not me in it...

Aimee said...

such cool photos... wish I could experience snow in the back yard (it would seem so much more exciting than snow on Mt wellington!)

Chelsea Parsons said...

Hannah... you have made me homesick for Whirligig lane and I didnt even live there!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!