Tuesday 30 March 2010

While they...

{sang 'Yippee - we're home'.....}

{... played follow the leader around Melbourne Airport...}



{... posed for the camera...}


{...ran around and around and around...}

{more poses}

{...pretended to be asleep...}


... emptied their bags out and played with all their stuff....
... balanced along some beam and fell off ....
... talked and talked....

WE.... sat there, hardly saying a word (too tired to speak!) trying very very hard to keep our eyes open!!

These were our first photos taken back in Australia! The girls had a lovely time playing at Melbourne airport, until...
... during check-in Emily decides to fall asleep in my arms - making it very difficult for me to carry my bags and hers - all the way through security and up to our gate (which was like as far away as they get!!)
AND
... just before boarding Leilani decides to fall asleep - making it impossible for us to carry our bags, them and their bags!

This was the worst part of the whole trip - I was so disappointed with the Jetstar supervisor.
I went and asked them for some help before boarding and explained that we couldn't carry all of our bags because the kids had fallen asleep. Any other day I would have just woken them - but seeing as though they had probably only had 5 hours sleep in the last 30 hours - there was just no way we could have woken them even if we tried. The girl I spoke to said we could board first and she would get someone to carry some of our bags for us - but then the supervisor stepped in and said we had 'too many bags to carry on' (1 more than we should have had) she spat the dummy with us and was so rude - made us stand there and wait while someone came and got 1 of our bags to be checked on.

We were kind of annoyed at being treated that way, but really, too tired to even care. (But I get really annoyed when I think of it now!)
Things didn't get much better when we arrived into Launceston with the girls half awake and not wanting to walk. They were tired and started to cry - which turned into screams when they saw the sniffer dog! We walked in with crying girls and tired arms from carrying our bags, the girls bags and the girls and tried to look happy for most of the Challis Family waiting for us. I think they were shocked that we all looked so awful!!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

It was a good idea to go to Launceston first. By the time you got here you were half way back to normal at least. Imagine if they had caught you on Border Security and decided to go through all your bags or something. That would have been bad.

Blanche said...

what a pain in the butt. Airport workers are becoming increasingly thoughtless and rude in my opinion. Occasionally you meet a nice one but that's usually when you don't need anything. As soon as you have a request they become all 'official' and prickly.

Nikki said...

I always think of plane trips as fun and exciting but the reality is far from it hey. It can be tricky enough with kids let alone bad service!

Keep the posts coming. :)

Anonymous said...

thats a bummer the trip had to end like that! you all must have been so exhusted and a bit of help would have probably made all the difference.

those cute girls of yours have got the posing down pat! ha ha, love it.

Aimee

Bride said...

oh man, what an awful end to your trip! i agree with Blanche, service in airports is impossible to get! nobody wants to help, pretty sad hey

The Kings said...

we have always been really lucky with getting help, but a wheelchair can do that :) Sorry you guys had such a bad time.

lauracritchfield said...

I hate people. They make me so mad...Jetstar should be ashamed of themselves really... but whatever I don't even want to think about how annoying people are..LOL. Anyway you should have just told them to go to hell and spit in that ladies face..I would have..that's why I guess I have had more problems than anyone when coming to travel..and people..lol

Nettie's Blog said...

What a nasty lady... but then maybe she was having a bad day too...no exuse to take it out on you guys though!!!
do those girls love those little wheely cases???
Hattie loves hers ..we bought it for her when we took her holiday to Brisbane last year...she fills it with her preious thiungs now and is always dragging it around with her...

Bron Williams said...

jetstar are THE WORST !!!
I will join the group..jetsar is blah blah blah
:)
what a wondeful time you had.special memories and your girls are sooo cute
xx
Bron

Chelsea Parsons said...

Oh man, I can so relate to that trip Hannah! Mine was just as bad flying home from NY.... me and 3 kids and a baby in my belly. NOt nice some people hey! Arg! I remember walking off the plane in Launceston, saw my Mum and Dad and just burst into tears... huge big sobbing tears!!!!!!!!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!