Friday 4 June 2010

Not a bad view from our front room!

I knew that everyone was excited to have us back in town, but I didn't think they would go to this much trouble to welcome us.... air show and fireworks! All seen out our front window!


The planes were pretty cool to watch and the sound was awesome. Of course Mick loved it and stood out the front with the video camera. He's like a little kid when it comes to planes!


Leilani, Emily and I sat inside and watched while eating our lunch. It was a nice welcome to our new home.



Later that evening they put on a bit more of a show for us - fireworks. I have never seen such great fireworks from the comfort of my own home. Some say the fireworks and air show were for Regatta Day - but I still believe they were just for us, you know... to welcome us back!




Grandma and Grandad came up and watched the fireworks with us. It was good entertainment for the night!








11 comments:

Aimee said...

haha! awesome photos... I wish they put on a show like that when I went down... obviously not special enough!

Debbie said...

Those planes look extra excited that you're back home.

Ange Carmichael said...

magnifi-cant

Nikki said...

So there'll be a party for Regatta day at your house next year right?? We'll be waiting at yuor doorstep. :)
Perfect view!!!

Nettie's Blog said...

Man you must be famous to have such a welcome home like that and then the fireworks as well....(maybe the grandparents really got together and paid someone (with your inheritance)to do that so you wont leave again!!!!)
guess that means you wont be leaving again for a long time hugh???? ha ha.....

Blanche said...

Oh good, I'm so glad to hear that you saw the display I arranged for you. now you know how happy we are to have you back!

Elle said...

I go to a foreign speaking land, freeze my butt off for 18mths and I didn't get no fireworks.....obviously people don't realise how special I am!!! I'm leaving for realsies!!!!

lauracritchfield said...

wow you are special. That is a pretty nice view too. I do feel sorry for Elle though...she did tough it out for 18 months and noone does care that she's back..LOL

lauracritchfield said...

wow you are special. That is a pretty nice view too. I do feel sorry for Elle though...she did tough it out for 18 months and noone does care that she's back..LOL

The Kings said...

oh wow!! What a view you have!! So beautiful.

Spider, Muff, Char & Mollie said...

These photos are excellent han, good work..!! Your view is awesome.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!