Thursday 30 July 2009

Belton House

Sunday 21st June and we were heading home, but not before calling in to see Belton House in Grantham. I was extra excited to see Belton House because some of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice was filmed here!



We called in to break up the driving and have lunch, expecting it to be much like the other National Trust Properties we have visited..... we got a huge shock to see all these cars here!!


Couldn't believe it! I think it was just a normal Sunday for them too! The place is HUGE and if you didn't see the cars you would never know there were that many people around. I have decided this place would be perfect for the next Woolley Boxing Day Outing!! It's perfect for everyone - bush walks, massive playground, the house, the gardens - you could spend a few days here at least!

Here are Lani and Emily with their new toys - puppies and kittens! We got these at the Disney Store in York and they were so excited! They have been so good over the last 9 days and adjusted to all the traveling so well. We have been in to quite a few Disney Stores over the past week and each time they looked with wide eyes hoping to hear the word YES!!! And it finally came!!




The door to the right in the background leads to the servants rooms, where they were holding special tours. I was quite excited and found it all very interesting. I have seen them a few times but still get excited when I see the row of bells that come from each room - my imagination runs wild and I think back to those days when I wanted to be a maid in a big house! (Not quite in the 1800's but think "Curly Sue"!!!)


The garden was massive but this is all we really got to see of the back side...




What a beautiful place!



Mick being clever with the camera...


The property is surrounded by natural beauty and not far from the house is a large bush area which they have turned into a huge playground, the kids loved it, and it was so different from any playground they have been to.


The puppies went everywhere...even on the musical see-saw (you made music with your feet).



... and so did the kittens.... and in a stylish way!



Lani was obviously in a posing mood!


8 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

the last picture of you with the girls is really nice. Sometimes I wish I had two little girls out of Nappies..lol..

Blanche said...

Hi Han, I've just caught up on the latest with your travels. You have managed to fit so much sight seeing in to a relatively short period of time. Good on you. You'll be so glad you have blogged it all. The girls look more grown up every time I see their photo!

maree said...

This does look like a great day out. I think its my favourite blog so far. the garden looks beautiful and I would love to look through the house,

Spider, Muff, Char & Mollie said...

Loving the photos han, looks like a really nice garden! The girls have grown so much :)

Gail Challis said...

Love the bags!!! I had a ball in the Disney store in York. That is where I purchased the princess outfits and Hook outfit for Jacoba, Kaea and Ezra in 2005. I fell in love with the store!!!!

Ange Carmichael said...

What stylish little girls - that house is pretty darn impressive, I cant only imagine what it would be life to see it all in real life - it just must be amazing!

Nikki said...

Haha, look at the girls strutting their stuff!! Very cute.

That park sounds realy cool and what a beautiful place!!

Bron Williams said...

alll looks wonderful.
love from Bron :)thansk for sharing :)
x

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!