Sunday 26 July 2009

a little update

Just a little update to say hello. I am so behind with the blog I know... but I'll get there one day!!! Just wanted to let you know that we are all well and enjoying France. We have had adventure after adventure here..... and no time for blogging!! We were computer-less for 5 days. Lost it on the train to Disneyland. We were all devastated.... and pretty depressed...... the 'happiest place on earth' did help to ease the pain a little, but it was hard to not think about our lost laptop and wonder if we would ever see it again. Story ends well.... which makes it easy to talk about now, but it is still hard to believe it was gone and we now have it back (the return story will have to come later!) Anyway, Mick and I saw a stage of the Tour de France which was just fantastic - as was the kid free 15km hike up The Col de la Colombiere and back! We are now waiting for our train to take us back to Paris... for a week of sight seeing there!! Au revoir!

9 comments:

Gail Challis said...

Hi It was great to talk to Mick last night. Boy are you lucky about your laptop!!! it is so heartening to know that there are honest people in the world and your luck to find one when you did.
It sounds like you are having a wonderful time and Paris should be great. A whole week!!! We can't wait to hear all about your adventures. 9 sleeps to go. It is finally within sight. We are excited and so is nanny. I hope she copes with the flight ok....it will be long. Take care and enjoy.

The Kings said...

Oh wow - can't wait to hear the next installment!

lauracritchfield said...

yes I prayed very hard when Elle told me about the lost laptop. It actually kept me up all night. I nearly cried with happiness when Elle told me that someone had handed it in. I couldn't imagine being at the happiest place on earth with a lost laptop on my mind...knowing that I may never see it again.. Anyway I wondered what had happened to you since I haven't heard anything from you in ages...but now I know - glad for the update!!!

Elle said...

thanks for the update!!! Cant' wait to hear about disneyland though!! WOOO.. I hope you went on the hollywood tower of terror - if they have it there in France???

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Yeah, we want to hear all about it too as it may help up plan our little trip. sounds like you are having a lovely time in Paris how lucky you guys are. xx

maree said...

Glad to hear your still alive thought you may have lost you way and couldnt remember how to get home. Deb and Gary still with you or have you lost them.. glad your having a good time.

Ange Carmichael said...

I almost cried for you over the laptop - was so glad to hear it made its way back to you!! Have fun in Pari' Cant wait to see photos. x

btw - Locke said this morning 'Mum can I please phone Lani in the other country to tell her I have a wobbly tooth' tehe, told him we can ichat in a few weeks!

Blanche said...

I really want to know the story of the laptop now! although it is a bit like reading the last page of a book - already knowing the ending!

I also want to know all about Disneyland - AWESOME!

Charlotte wants to know why Leilani was born into the 'lucky' family and she was born into the 'normal' family!!!??? I'm not sure whether it's better to be lucky or normal!

Aimee said...

I wish I could remember some French from highschool days....only know how to say hello, what my name is, and bits and pieces like that (and I cant spell them so I wont try write them- i'll just embarress myself!). Have a brilliant time....so glad you got the laptop back too- must have been stressful but great to know there are good people out there.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!