Sunday 10 January 2010

Rainbow Colours Everywhere

Innsbruck Airport was tiny! Kind of like Hobart used to be before it had its massive upgrade and became huge!!!!!! We didn't have a long wait here, which was a bit sad really because there was a great play area for the kids (always the way!) They had a fantastic time in this ball pit and just a couple of minutes before we had to board the plane Emily finally got the courage up to go down the slide!


Leilani loved going down the slide and landing in the balls!



I think Emily looks so different in this photo - her hair is all straight from wearing a hat and even though they piked up for the play area they were both looking quite tired.... and hot from all the jumping around!





Innsbruck airport was small but awesome and walking out to board the plane felt, once again, a little surreal! We flew with EasyJet and the plane was nearly empty.





Looking back at Innsbruck Airport.


Out the plane window before take off...


... funny story actually - I was sitting by myself opposite Mick and the girls and for some silly reason I choose to sit near the isle. I had the camera sitting on my lap and thought I might take a photo of Mick and the girls later. When the Flight Attendant saw it she kindly told me I couldn't take photos during take-off, I said 'no worries' and weirdly thought to myself - as if I would want to take a photo during take-off anyway! So I quickly snapped this photo before we took off and then relaxed in my seat.


A few minutes later we were in the air and all of a sudden I remembered where we were and wondered why the hell I didn't choose to sit near the window. I'm sitting up trying to see as much as I can when it hit me why wouldn't I want to take a photo of THAT!!! The view was amazing and I'm so mad I couldn't take any pictures! Once the seat belt sign went off I quickly jumped over to the window and started snapping away. I'm leaning over to Mick saying how amazing it looks out there and he agrees - but not with as much anticipation as I would have expected! This was now my view.....




And it was only getting better.... the sky was filled with clouds, but now we were above the clouds and so were some of the mountain peaks! It just looked like a fairy tale!


The rainbow reflections from the window were a little annoying, but I guess they add some cool colour to the photos!





When I showed Michael the photos later I learnt that his view was actually different than mine.... and not quite as good. He could see mountains but then mostly cloud, with no peaks poking through (kinda weird that the view could be so different on different sides!) and he was wondering why I was so excited because although his view was pretty cool he didn't quite think it was all that great.... 'now I understand' he says! Later Mick took this shot of the sunset!


Our flight was only an hour and half and we flew over a couple of countries and back into the United Kingdom!!! Sounds so odd to us Australians! Back at Gatwick airport the girls found a massive Christmas tree to look at! We loved Austria and had a wonderful time, but once again it was nice to be heading home!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Oh easyjet!! They are the ones on the airport show!!!

Photos look amazing:) Bet it was heaps better in real life though.

lauracritchfield said...

those Balls look so awesome - I would lose Kobe in there for sure....

The Kings said...

All airports need one of those playgrounds! How amazing is that view!

Nettie's Blog said...

How magnificent was hta view you had from the plane window....
wow someone should suggest we have a play centre like that one in all the airports....
by the way Welcome home ..i seriously didnt know that your stint in the UK had finsihed i am sure you must have said so at aone stage ..missed it!BoooHOOO..i was packing my bags to come and visit..he he

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!