Sunday 10 January 2010

Last Day at Hollies

I think I was more sad than the girls on their last day at the Children's Centre! Although I actually felt quite calm on the day - it was the week before that I was getting a little emotional! The girls were sad to say goodbye too though, but I think they were just as excited to give everyone a special goodbye treat and collect all their things to take home. Sending the girls to Hollies this year was a big decision for us and we just hoped and prayed it was the right thing to do.... and it was. The pre-school system here is fantastic and we have all been so impressed with Hollies Nursery. The girls have loved it and learnt so much from the other children and the wonderful staff there. The girls were each given a book to take home which is full of art-work, photos and writings about some of the things they have said and done throughout the year, as well as a development chart. It has been nice for the girls to get to know so many other people here, but it has also been nice for me to have a weekly chat with some of the staff. We would never talk for long, but living here with no family around I really appreciated getting to know the staff and having a friendly chat a couple of times a week.




Leilani is really ready to start school and this year at Hollies has definitely helped prepare her for it. I'm so glad she is just going 2 days though as I don't think I'm quite ready to give her up for a full 5 days (which is what she would have done if we stayed here any longer).

4 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

I love making decisions and then wondering why I didn't realise how good it would be before I had made it.. Anyway I can't really believe Lani is going to school..crazy. Emily will be bored I reckon..maybe I will send Kobe that way...to eat her breakfast.

Spider, Muff, Char & Mollie said...

the girls look so cute on their last day! I asked lani the other night if she misses her friends from england " yes, i miss them lots" but i also missed my friends from here, hehe, too cute!!
I really hope charlie likes childcare soon, we think it will be really good for him to go, make new friends, not be so shy around ppl.

Kate Jury said...

Its hard when you have to send them off to school full time. although after a few weeks I dont mind anymore!

Nettie's Blog said...

Oh my goodness..they just grow so quickly when they go to school...other people influence their lives then.... sounds like Hollies was a postive experience for you too...

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!