Wednesday 24 December 2008

Spending...

Thought I had better fill you in on our free gift card spending!! There were quite a few things I would have really really liked to get... but none of them were practical to pack in a suit case and take with us... so I was a little sad about that! We went to Target first and the girls each picked out a DVD to buy each other for Christmas and they had fun doing that. I then went and got a few things off lay-by in Myer which I purchased at the big late night shopping sale a few weeks ago. (A few books and little things for Christmas presents). They over charged me so I ended up getting some cash back... which was great as I wanted a new wallet - didn't need one, but saw one in Polly that I really liked ages ago... so I took the cash in there and was very excited to find my wallet still in there and on sale!! (had to pay a little extra here.... but very excited about my purchase!)
 


A few more days went by and we still didn't really know what to do with the rest of the money... Mick really really wanted to get an ipod.... but we sort of thought it was a bit of a want and not really a need (like my wallet!!) so we put it off for a while.... until we came up with the idea that we could put all our songs and all our photos on it to take away - then we wouldn't need to pack any cd's or photos! So it was now a need and not just and want! So we went and got one.... which was pretty exciting! Mick was very happy and it was nice to have a present on Christmas Day because we had decided not to get each other anything because our trip is costing plenty enough!!! 
So that's what we spent our lucky $500.00 on!!! I think we did good!! 

Product Image

4 comments:

Debbie said...

yes you did good

Stephen and Chernoa said...

Great work...i love vouchers! Not long now and you will be heading across the world...yeehaaa!

Ange Carmichael said...

You're back! Ipod, yippee, you will love it! But who will get to use it on the plane?! Maybe you need a little shuffle to go with it :)

The Kings said...

Great idea!!!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!