Sunday 14 June 2009

A Kind Word Goes A Long Way

These two little girls visited the salon last week for a spray, cut and blow dry! Emily (in her own words) was 'very brave' and sat up in the big chair without crying! Lani was very proud of herself because she looked exactly where the hairdresser told her to!!!! Leilani loved her new hair (she only had about an inch off) and thought she looked beautiful and felt like a princess with perfectly blow dried hair! It did look nice!









These two little girls have made me feel every emotion one can feel - sometimes all in one day, and they are only 2 & 4!!! I wonder how many emotions I have made my parents feel in the last (soon to be) 27 years!?

You can go from feeling absolute joy to being frustrated and a little angry!!! You can go from wondering how they could be so beautiful and funny and cute to wondering where they got that horrible stubborn trait from (well... this doesn't take too much wondering!).

Seeing them discover new things and watching their personalities become their own is a very precious thing though and they are growing up so fast. They are alike in many ways but unique in more.

On Thursday when I picked them up from the Children's Centre it was nice to be told that I have such lovely, well mannered, polite girls! 'If only we had 30 little ones like them' one lady said! I know they probably tell every mother this - and I hope they do, because it's nice to hear that all those hours spent reminding them to use their manners is working sometimes!! Cause it often feels like you are getting nowhere! It reminded me of how a kind word goes a long way!

13 comments:

Poppa said...

We just love the poses of the girls! They just crack us up when we scroll down and see the facial expressions. It was so good to see Fran. She looks very relaxed. I can't believe we will be there in just 7 weeks. Enjoy the north of England. It is a special place. Are you going to the Lakes District? Looking forward to being with you. Mum and Dad

Debbie said...

Nice pics. the haircuts look good.

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Cool photos Han. Lani does look very grown up. We are off to Melbourne this weekend and am going to miss you, we will of course be thinking of you in "Show and Tell". Have fun exploring.

xx

Claire said...

Girls look so cute! Glad you had the lovely Fran drop by, isn't she looking well!

Enjoy the trip up north

The Kings said...

Beautiful photos~!

Ange Carmichael said...

Love these photos! Lani often reminds me of a 4 year old Jenna :)

Blanche said...

I love the photos of the girls after their salon visit! Very grown up and gorgeous!
Must be nice to have some Tassie visitors, I bet you can't wait to see yours and Mick's mum & dad, the girls must be getting excited about their visits.

Ange Harriss said...

Lovely photos of the girls Han! We really are going to miss you in Melbourne!! But I am sure Elle will keep us entertained! haha

ali b said...

lovely shots of the girls. glad they had fun at the salon. little emi is really growing up, and lani looks like she is getting taller. marty is starting to do a few 'lani poses' lately.... keep having fun!!

Spider, Muff, Char & Mollie said...

the girls looks gr8 with their new hair cuts, so pretty!

lauracritchfield said...

I love the photos of Lani - she is a good little poser anyway. Yes kids can be annoying and a little frustrating all on the same day. THe other day I was thinking how lucky I was to have such a good little boy - and then he woke up about 5 times in the night and I thought "I'm so unlucky to have such a monster". It's quite funny actually!!

Elle said...

I read this.. but I guess I didn't comment.. just thought i would ocmment now.... Emi is funny and lani is a weirdo.. but looks really cut in these pics!!!

Elle said...

I read this.. but I guess I didn't comment.. just thought i would ocmment now.... Emi is funny and lani is a weirdo.. but looks really cut in these pics!!!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!