Monday 29 June 2009

Off to Liverpool

After Warwick Castle we were back in the car and heading to Liverpool to spend 1 night. The drive was a bit over 2 hours and we stuck to the motor way for most of it.


No sign of rain when we arrived in Liverpool. We had a quick drive through of the city - which seemed pretty quiet and then checked into our hotel. Not sure what any of these buildings are below as we didn't really do any site seeing here, not because there was nothing to see we just didn't really have time to spare. 'The Beatles Story' is one place I did want to go but we decided it would be best to get up and keep moving north the next day.

A quick look at Liverpool...





After checking-in to our room Mick decided to take the kids for a swim, and they loved it! Photos aren't real good but you can see how happy they are in the water!





Lani jumping in...


Emily off for a swim... well doggy paddle!


Lani finishing a lap!


Back upstairs and ready for bed.... but not before a milky mo!


6 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

I love taking Kobe swimming. I hate going swimming on my own cause there is nothing to do in the pool - but now I have kobe I can play with him. I mean unless you're doing laps or something - it's alittle strange isnt it!!

Elle said...

WOW.. I can't believe they are swimming by themselves!! it's so weird to see that!! WOW thats awesome! Emi is SO growing up WAY to fast!

Elle said...

p.s love the milky mo hahah

Ange Carmichael said...

Amazing buildings...

swimming fun yay!! That last photo makes me want a big hug - miss those gorgeous big dark eyes. Did the giraffe and lion arrive yet? Had dinner at your Mum and Dads tonight, guess you'll be seeing them real soon :).

Poppa said...

I cannot believe it! Liverpool and no Beatles visit? Well Han, you may have to take us there so you can check it out.
Great pics of the girls swimming. Swimming with such confidence (and smiles) I find hard to imagine too. Looking forward to a chapter each day or so.
Phil

Nikki said...

The girls are so confident in the water!! Livy hasn't seen a pool in a while....it's gonna be a looong winter!
Cool buildings in Liverpool.
Miss you xx

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!