Friday 16 October 2009

My Little Helpers

One morning a few weeks ago, just after we finished breakfast Leilani announced that she was going to do the washing up. I said, 'That would be nice, how come you want to wash up?" Straight away she replied, "Just so you don't have to do it!" I thought it was very sweet and kind of her! She often talks about 'doing her jobs' (she likes to think she is busy!!) I think it must be time to bring back the job chart. We had one a few months ago, but once it was full I never bothered to make another one, bad of me I know! The girls are usually good helpers though and like to tidy up most of the time - although tidying up to them often just means sweeping everything off to the side!!






Emily decided she would help with the washing up, and when they finished Lani said to me quietly (not wanting Emily to hear), "I think I will just do it by myself next time, because Emily was spilling water everywhere!" They did a pretty good job and I only had to rewash a few things!!! This was the end result - plug pulled and all, and notice in the last picture how they just left the stuff they couldn't reach!!!! Wish I could do that!!!



8 comments:

Debbie said...

What good little helpers they are. How's the job chart going?

lauracritchfield said...

That's great that they do that. Kobe likes to push the heavy vaccuum cleaner around and the other day he got the broom and started sweeping with it. He swept a few toys to the corner and I think he thought it was a stick to just push things around...so yeah he needs some training...haha

Ange Carmichael said...

Lets just hope the enthusiasm lasts as they get older hehe! Very cute.

Jenna got up at 6.30am last week while Leigh was away and made their lunches without being asked, its great to have little helpers!

Claire said...

Grace loves to wash up too. She's a bit of a perfectionist though and it takes her quite awhile to complete the task!

She has also made the lunches on occasion, with lots of treats in them!! I had to re-pack them a few times. The piece of bread she tore in half and put some ham in was a crack up!! So was the glad wrap she twisted around it to keep the ham in place.... :)

Ange Harriss said...

Oh that is so cute! You can come live with me when you are home Han! haha

Elle said...

hahaha thats so cute!! Hope it lasts a while though!! Pretty funny that she will do it herself next time!! haha

Debbie said...

New heading pic is nice.

Poppa said...

The family picture has a lovely Constable light about it. Worth framing!
Love the little helpers.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!