Tuesday 17 November 2009

Truro Cathedral

Truro is one of the bigger town/cities in Cornwall so we drove through for a quick look. We didn't get out cause it was raining but took a couple of pictures of Truro's cathedral - it was hard to get a good picture from the road but here is one...


Even after seeing so many I am still amazed at how big these cathedrals are. They are just huge and stand out so well in the towns and cities - they are often the first thing you see driving into a town and a lot of times there are more then one. You can't really tell from the photo because we drove up on a hill to look at it - but this one was really tall. Hard to believe they could build such huge things all those years ago. It still impresses me. I know we have churches and cathedrals in Australia but they don't seem to dominate the town as much as they do here. Here it always feels like the town was built around the church/cathedral. I really like the spires on Truro's Cathedral.

1 comment:

Poppa said...

I am the same. They never cease to inspire you. Their architecture is just magnificent. Gail

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!