Thursday 17 December 2009

London with 3 Kids!

On Thursday 26th November, after an early morning ichat with Dad for his 59th birthday, Laura and I headed into London with the 3 kids to meet Elle (who had been in Finland for the past 10 or something days). Our normally pretty easy, straight forward relaxing train trip turned into a bit of a nightmare really. All the trains to and from London (on the normal route) had been cancelled due to a fatality on the track so after an hour delay another train finally pulled in which we could take to Bristol and then get another one from there. The train only had 2 carriages and was packed when it arrived - the most I have ever seen it - no one really got off and there would have been at least 40 people wanting to get on at Taunton. We squished on but my back-pack was hanging out the door, some people were trying to help, others were just ignoring us, we were the last trying to get on because of course you can't really push though crowds of people with 3 kids - so you just have to wait. I couldn't believe it when I heard one lady say that it was ridiculous we were getting on with a toddler and another said to Laura 'you're not putting your kid on me' (she was sitting right in the door way on a foldout seat). We couldn't really believe it - people were just making a bad situation worse by being horrible. It turned out to be our lucky day in the end because when the inspector came along the outside to see if we were okay, she ended up moving us up the back into the 'drivers carriage' (but it was at the back - so no driver)!! We still had to stand (which was hard cause we had to hold Kobe) and there wasn't much room but it was fantastic really - we were so lucky in the end compared to where we could have been... and we were away from all the people!

Anyway... we finally made it to London, checked into our apartment and waited for 10pm to come so I could go and meet Elle at Victoria Station! Leilani felt right at home and loved this little bean bag seat!



Kobe loved being out of the pram and began exploring the place as soon as we got there! He is funny little thing!


7 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

yeah that was a pretty bad train ride - at least we weren't really in a hurry. If I ever see that lady that wouldnt let Kobe sit on her lap I am going to tell her what I think. I should have told her when I had the chance but I didn't want Lani and Emily to learn bad words...LOL. Anyway - it was all good in the end but I don't know why you would take a toddler on a train...ha ha ha

Debbie said...

mmmmmm trains in London.

Elle said...

what did Emily do?

I love trains especially when your holding a kid and the door tries to close on you!

emma_williams said...

Why would you want to put your kid on a stranger's lap anyway? Weird.

Hannah Challis said...

Exactly Emma!!!!! Laura was like 'as if I would.'

Ange Carmichael said...

And we thought catching trams in melbourne with 3 kids was bad lol!! So you home now?!

Nettie's Blog said...

I love your posts....i laugh out loud here all by myself...
how amazing that you have so many visitors ...the girls must love it...
snotty old lady on the train.."every dog has its day"...."vengence is mine sayeth the Lord"

Merry Christmas to you all guys...hope Santa doesnt get snowed in!!!!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!