Tuesday 8 December 2009

Lunch at the O'bridge

For the first few days while Laura and Kobe were here we didn't do a lot. Laura and Kobe had a few naps to get over the jet lag and Leilani and Emily played with all their new gifts (spoilt little things really!) They each had 1000 stickers to play with in the biggest sticker book I have ever seen - they thought it was great! Aunty Laura and Kobe also brought them a really cool bouncy ball each as well as new coats, hats and gloves! I spent my time eating the only good chocolate to come from America - Hershy's Cookies 'n Cream! Mmm.... thanks Laura!
On Wednesday we all went out for lunch with my friend Maria and her son Lucas. It was Lucas' birthday on the Friday but because we were going to be away, Maria invited us out for lunch. The kids had a great time in the play area, and it's amazing to see how much the three of them have grown this year. The O'bridge was the first place Maria and I had lunch together and way back in February the kids only played in the small toddler area, but now they are going down the big slides and climbing all the way to the top of the frames! Kobe had fun too I think - until some other mean kid trod on his head! Luckily Kobe is pretty tough though!


Emily, Leilani and Lucas with Lucas' birthday present! The girls are going to miss Lucas, and I think Lucas will miss them too.


Maria and I try and get together for lunch about once a month. I'm really going to miss her and our play days. Lucas is Maria and Kevin's 6th child (so they are a little ahead of us!). They are a wonderful family and we all get on really well. It will be sad to say goodbye.


4 comments:

Liseee said...

6 kids!!! Wow that sounds like heaps!!! Glad you have someone to have play days with over there, can't wait til you are back to have play days with us!!!

lauracritchfield said...

whoever took that photo of you and Maria did a good job..it's so nice!! Also that was fun at that play area. Kobe had a blast. I didnt have any photos of it or him in there so I had to skip it out of my blog...I had my camera on my constantly - just didnt use it!!!

Debbie said...

You're doing well catching up on the blogging.
Maybe Maria and Kevin and the 6 kids will come to stay when you get back!

Bride said...

goodbyes are always hard, have you told them how cool Tasmania is and what a pretty spot it is to visit??? lol.
looked like you had fun while Elle and Laura visited. Blanche and Matt are here at the moment, and i dont want them to leave :(
even though we'll be on holiday together in about 10 days i still dont like saying goodbye

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!