Saturday 6 September 2008

I'm Back... I wonder if anyone even knew I was gone!!!

My life began again today... I was finally free from coughing, sniffing, fever, headaches, sickness, and a very sore throat! I was still a little tired today but there was a huge difference in the way I felt. I have had a cold/flu for over a week so it felt really good to feel a little normal again. I lost my voice for a couple of days and Leilani was quite confused about it all. On the first day she said to me "talk like us Mum" (because I was whispering, and well nothing was really coming out and I don't think she understood!) The next day she was in the car with Mick and said "Mummy has lost her voice.... she can't find it... I think it could be on the road!" I found it really hard not being able to speak - you don't really realise how much you talk to your kids until you can't... and story time became very short! Anyway to make my week worse on Monday (day 5) I woke up with conjunctivitis, which I haven't had since I was a kid. It's actually quite painful and Emily ended up with it that day as well! While I was at the Doctor getting eye drops she (the Dr) told me I really needed to rest my voice - mmm... thanks for that... if only it was that easy!  
So much has happened over the last 2 weeks that I would have normally blogged about, and now I can't remember what they were... that's why you must blog them straight away!!! 
Here's a quick rundown of what I can remember.... 
Sarah and I finished making our casserole carriers at Needle Craft Day, (can't wait to use it tomorrow for Family Tea!) I found some cheap flights  to London via LA, so our visit to Laura is back on, after finding out it was going to cost way too much - I was quite upset as it was not looking like we would get to see her. I had a very interesting passport interview last week (more about that later). We spent a beautiful afternoon at the Botanical Gardens with Ange, Locke and Zak. We have had Charlotte over to play and Leilani has been to Charlottes to play. I visited Jaclyn's Beauty Salon  for some much needed waxing and Lani and Emily had a wonderful time playing with Meea. (And we got to bring back lots of clothes too!! ) Today was Elle's birthday so we got to eat yummy cake and spend time with the family.  We have spent lots of time at Grandma & Grandad's this week, and Aunty Elle has been helping entertain too. (N.B Don't get her to supervise the kids painting!!) I'm really thankful for all they do for us, especially this past week while I have been unwell. They mean so much to me, and I'm so thankful that they are around to help me when I need it... which is often! Anyway, I have to finish with some more photos from the gardens... because I think they are cute! 


Locke was fascinated with this door, and he so badly wanted to see what was behind it - for a very true story about this little green door, just ask Ange!!


Once again... Locke is being Lani and Emilys hero - they just think he is so wonderful... look at their faces watching him! 



It was so nice to finish the day off with an ice cream - it feels like forever since I have had an ice cream. (bet Leigh is mad that we waited until he left to get these!) 


3 comments:

The Kings said...

I wondered why you were so quiet - thought you must have been packing already! Sorry to hear you have been sick. I lost my voice earlier in the year and also thought about how much we talk to our kids during the day without realising. I had to end up telling Harri to stop talking to me as I just couldn't talk back!!
Love the pics - Jalen just asked me if you were in Bali!! Like he has been there before!! LOL

maree said...

GOOD BLOGGING HAN. IVE MISSED READING YOUR STORIES GLAD YOUR BACK.

Elle said...

yes I bet leigh would have been mad you got ice ceam with out him - especially since when we were little he talk us into not being able to eat it all so he was 'kindly' finish it off for us.....

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!