Sunday 14 September 2008

Faith



While we were in Melbourne for Micks exam we decided to spend our one free day at the Temple. It was really nice as it's been a while since we have been.  It's so nice to spend some time together thinking about life and what's really important. I'm so glad that I am a member of the Church and that I know where I came from, why I am here and where I am going. I don't know about you, but I often find that life is hard. Things don't always happen the way we want them to and often there is nothing we can do about it. Life is hard in lots of different ways and I know that the only thing that gets me through sometimes is knowing that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and that life here on earth is a time for us to learn, experience, grow and develop. It's also a time for joy and happiness but I know that if we didn't sometimes experience pain and sorrow we wouldn't know what joy & happiness was. For me, life is full of ups and downs - I can feel on top of world one day and miserable the next. But because of my faith, I always seem to get through each day.
I have faith that tomorrow will be a better day, I have faith that if I live righteously I will be blessed. I have faith that my Saviour lives and that I can live with Him again one day - in a much happier place. I have faith that my trials will make me stronger. I have faith that if I do all that I can do, it will be enough. 
I'm so thankful that I was able to attend the Temple with Michael on Wednesday to experience some peace and comfort in my life, it has reminded me to hope for things we can not see and... to have faith, because in the end it will all be worth it.
In 2 Nephi 31:20 we read... "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

6 comments:

Rach said...

I am so glad that Mick married someone as storng and dedicated to the Gospel as you are Han. You are a great example to all of us. xxxxoooo

Stephen and Chernoa said...

Hannah that was really beautiful. i enjoyed reading it. you are so awesome.

Nikki said...

So glad you got to spend a day at the Temple with Mick.
What a beautiful post.
I love reading about people's testimony and their thoughts about the gospel.
love ya x

Michael Challis said...

Thanks for your testimony, and for everything you do for me and our girls. I love you with all my heart. I had a nice time at the temple too, and especially enjoyed being there with you. Thanks for marrying me, and for your faith that gets you through the ups and downs (especially for the last 2 years of me studying and not being around very much!). I love you! xoxo

Aimee said...

that's beautiful Han. I love how the Temple puts everything in perspective-glad you could go together.

Carli said...

Thanks for sharing that Han

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!