Monday 8 September 2008

An Emotional Day

This morning I woke up and got up before the girls... this NEVER happens! Tiredness was replaced by all sorts of feelings - some of which I'm not even sure what they are! I never knew you could feel so many emotions at once! Today Mick and I get on a plane and fly to Melbourne for his exam... ( yes I know, I've turned into quite a little jet setter this year!)  I'm nervous, anxious, excited, sad, worried, thankful and happy all at the same time... and we are only going to Melbourne!!! How am I going to feel when we fly to London!? I think that some of my feelings are actually about that too though because something is telling me that after this the next time we get on a plane we will be flying to London! 
Leaving the kids behind today is a big thing too though - it always sounds like a good idea at the time of booking, but saying good bye is a different story!! They will have lots of fun at Grandma & Grandad's house though so I guess I should just be excited to get away... and come home because when we step off that plane back on Tasmanian soil our lives will be a lot different - NO MORE STUDY!! If I even hear that stupid word again it will be to much!  

3 comments:

maree said...

HAVE A NICE TIME AWAY.

Ange Carmichael said...

You'll only be gone for a year, you'll be back before you know it and then you'll be wishing you could go again. May as well sit back and enjoy the ride. This is a great quote, "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller. And I used this one in a talk I gave about my research trip "One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." - Henry Miller
Cheers, Leigh

Debbie said...

this is elle
heres a quote 'get over it'....!
No seriously, I think it's sadder for the people you leave behind. Once you are in London you will not want to be anywhere else...!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!