Saturday 6 September 2008

I'm glad you came along

Elle... I'm glad that you came along when I was just 14months old. It doesn't look like you were all that happy to see me...


But you came around pretty quick...

Soon enough you were doing everything I told you to...

But this one was Mum's fault, not mine!

You were always very brave... especially in this VERY scary situation where Leigh was jumping over our heads... I thought he was so cleaver doing that (little did I know there was hardly any risk at all!!) And remember the half man half dog under the willow tree who tried to attack us while we were feeding Patch? We ended up driving around Glen Huon in the dark with Dad looking for 'it'. I was so scared that night!!! 

It was nice to have a little sister to take to school... and a big sister there to look after us...


You were always such an animal lover... which was kinda nice, because I wasn't... so it was always YOUR cat and YOUR lamb and YOUR horse... which meant you had to look after them!! I just got to play with them... 


This is my all time favourite photo, because it reminds me of all the time we used to spend together in the bedroom - coming up with silly acts to perform to mum and dad, putting mums dressing gown on with you on my shoulders (pretending to be a tall person!) Playing games while we were meant to be in bed, and not to forget the sumo wrestling... (which I was the school champion of might I add!) Our out loud 'Amens' so we would know when each other had finished saying our prayers and last but not least 'the wall' Dad built us so that we could have our 'own room' which soon got pulled down because we wanted to share again!!  


Not to mention the silly makeup... what freaks! ( I think we actually thought we looked good too!)


Our trip to see the 'Friends' cast was a very memorable one... they were all so nice huh!


I'm glad that we are still friends today, even if Laura and I did lock you out on the balcony in Brisbane...


Thanks for being a great sister and always being there when I need you...


Happy 25th Birthday!

4 comments:

Bride said...

What a beautiful post and really great photos!!
Nice to have you back, i've missed seeing your posts.

Elle said...

we actually DO look good with that make-up....lamb was the best lamb in the world because she was the only one that didnt die while we still had her, as for Leigh jumping over heads, well I don't remember that, but i do remember scott doing a flip off the patio onto.. or should is say THROUGH the trampiline - now THAT was clever! I also remeber I used to LOVE being on your back so that I could annoy you and then I would ruin the game and you would put me down..
Thanks for the post, I always wanted the 'world' to see what I looked like when I was a little tacker...... hmmm

Ange Carmichael said...

Great seeing some old photos and hearing some old stories!!

Ange Harriss said...

That's such an awesome post han!! haha you guys were so funny as kids! The only act I remember clearly was that "Girl I want to make you sweat... sweat til you can't sweat no more.." haha you had big black eyes!! haha

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!