Wednesday 24 September 2008

All Things Thai


Okay, so I forgot to tell you all about my Thai Massage while I was living it up in Melbourne! Micks exam was in St Kilda, so that's where I spent the day wandering the streets. I had just about walked past everything 3 times and was starting to get a little tired & bored so I thought I may as well go and see the Sole Sisters and get a quick 10 minute foot massage while I wait. I thought it would be a well spent $15.00. However, when I walked in and looked at the Express Massage options, for some reason I decided to go with the Head & Neck instead of the Tootsie Teaser. I love head massages... but not this one! It was 9 1/2 minutes of pure PAIN on my head & neck and 30 seconds of bearable pain on my head! I was stressed the whole time and just wanted to yell STOP! I just kept thinking - you idiot, why didn't you just stick to the foot massage - the reason you came in here!!! I think the idea of the massage was that they put you in absolute pain for 10 minutes so when they stop you feel 'stress free' because all the pain has stopped, and you feel grateful that you are not in that sort of pain all the time!!!  Anyway... you live and learn I guess.

It took me about a week to get over my Thai massage pain, (mentally, not physically!) and just when I had forgotten all about it, we get a postcard in the mail from Thailand (all the pain came flooding back!!!). But it was exciting, because it was from Grandma & Poppa, and we would be seeing them in just a few days time (I think they actually bet the postcard home - funny how that happens sometimes!!). 

On Saturday they came bearing  Thai gifts and Thai stories, and we got to watch some elephants doing very cleaver tricks - including giving a Thai back massage - "Now I understand" I'm thinking!!! Some of our Thai gifts included a very cool red elephant bag, elephant tie, hair pin, a Thai recorder and one very authentic Thai singing dog!!!  I will have to put some video on here of the girls dancing to their dog later!!! 
Mmm... think it might be time to cook a nice Thai Red Curry for dinner tonight.... one of my favourites!
 

7 comments:

Ange Carmichael said...

Love the bag Han!!

Stephen and Chernoa said...

You are alive. i was thinking the other day, gosh hannah hasnt blogged for a week!!!!
Cool bag! would love to see the video of the girls.

Claire said...

Cute bag!!! Just what you need:)

The Kings said...

Love the bag. Funny about the massage! :)

Debbie said...

Nice bag. Is it good luck if the trunks are down or should they be up. Can't remember. I'll have to watch the Castle again to find out.

lauracritchfield said...

I went to this Japanese place when I was in Sydney that did shitsu massage. It was 30 minutes and the guy hurt me SO BAD. I paid $50 to be uncomfortable for half an hour and have only ever been brave enough to go back to a massage place once since (and that was a lot better)so yes if you think 10 minutes of pain is bad - try 30

Ange Harriss said...

haha that is so funny! You should have just got up and RAN AWAY!!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!