Monday 20 April 2009

Answers..

Here are the answers 1 - 13. I will post the full pictures in my London blog posts... which should be up soon! Thanks for playing! 

1. London Eye (6/6) - Best answer here was Maree's - it cracked me up!!
2. Westminster Bridge (sorry, this was probably a bit hard!!) (0/6) - However Maree was technically right here saying Bridge over the Thames... so I guess that could be 1!! 
3. Westminster Abbey (2/6) Well 3 if again you count Marees answer!!! Good idea going for the broad answer really isn't it!! 
4. Oxford Street (4/6) The security camera had nothing to do with it.... but sure did get some mentions!! 
5. Buckingham Palace (5/6) - We will let you know Mum when we go to Scotland and see Edinburgh castle lol Lucky you redeemed yourself when the clue came out!!
6. London Underground 'tube' sign - Thanks to those that got this cause Mick and I had a little bet going.... he said no one would get it and I was confident at least someone would!!! Yay for me!! lol (3.5/6) .5 goes to mums answer.... cause it was pretty much right... but Mick wouldn't have accepted it!!!
7. The Mall (or the road leading to Buckingham Palace (3/6) Any of these would do... but not 'some lane' sorry Laura - but just because you walked down it doesn't mean you get a point!! lol
8. Big Ben (5/6) But I think you knew this Phil you were obviously just doing the hard ones!!
9. Trafalgar Square (3/6) Lauz, you got a point for this answer even though you put it as no. 10!!
10. Kew Gardens - again a bit hard but I thought I would just throw it in there!! (0/6)
11. Some of Princess Diana's dresses (4/6) 
12. Kennsington Palace (Where Diana lived after the split) (2.5/6) .5 goes to Emma - I guess you got the second half right!! - and Maree, yes it was the Queens residence at one time!! So that was a good guess too! Laura - no comment!! 
13. Piccadilly Circus (3/6) 

So you all did a pretty good job! Well done Phil for your very witty answers.... (in other words... 'dad jokes'!!!) A special thanks to Camilla, Emma and Laura for winning me 10 quid by getting the tube sign answer!! I'll spend it wisely!! Mum and Maree.... you should get together and discuss your answers.... maybe even play a game of monopoly!!! And  Elle... you were very brave admitting you didn't know any.... everyone else just ran away!! 

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes well I forgot about monopoly but it probably wouldnt have helped anyway.
Good quizz

lauracritchfield said...

well I think I did good considering that I havent been there in like 6 years and I didnt take any picures when I was there becuase I didn't own a camera...but we aren't all as smart as Maree

maree said...

Yes I did enjoy this little quiz. Next time I'll take a little longer look and might do better.

Claire said...

Ahh Hannnie!!!! I saw the quiz yesterday and was coming back today with my very well thought out answers!!!!! Too late I guess:)

Carli said...

I'll have to check your blog more frequently so I can be in the running for another guessing game!! I would have been good at it too :)

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!