Thursday 30 April 2009

Watching the Sun Go Down

"I believe in God as I believe in the sun at noonday, not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis 





On our way home from Yeovil last week, we watched the sun go down.

It doesn't matter where we are in the world - we can all see the sun go down.

Life changes all the time, we experience joy and we experience pain.

We can hide and hope that the pain goes away, or we can go and watch the sun go down - and know that it will rise again in the morning. 

It doesn't matter where we are in the world, God loves us and is watching over us, just like that sun - we think it's gone sometimes, but it hasn't - it's always there.

3 comments:

Blanche said...

hi Han, nice post. miss you. x

Poppa said...

Hi Han,
Thanks for your thoughtful posting. We'll watch the sun come up tomorrow and we'll think of you guys so far away. (It'll be about sundown for you.)
Love xox

Nikki said...

I've had a lovely spiritual day today and have just read this post before I hop into bed. Thanks for the beautiful message! xx

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!