Monday 14 September 2009

Emily Split her Head

On our first night in the Le Marais Apartment Emily decided to sustain an injury! Okay, so I'm sure it wasn't by choice but what do you expect jumping up and down on the couch!! Anyway she fell off and split her head on the glass coffee table. It was actually quite a big split but luckily with a bit of pressure it soon stopped and the hair stuck to it which formed a nice seal! Mick went and got a head bandage because it started to bleed again in bed... Emily looks pretty impressed with herself really!!!!


And so does Doctor Daddy!


It took a few weeks to heal, and every time we would brush her hair she would say 'Don't brush my hurt!!!!' She was pretty good about it all really and only had a bit of a cry when it happened - I was also quite calm, which was a bit of a change from when Lani split her head open and I lost the plot! lol - funny now, but it wasn't at the time, guess there is something about the first time you see blood on your child!

Needless to say there was no more jumping on the couch!!

8 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

Poor little Emily. Kobe is always falling and I already know I'm going to see lots of blood come from his head one day...

Debbie said...

I'm glad I wasn't there when that happened. Can't even remember where we were. Must have been getting tea or something. i didn't realise it took so long to heal.

Claire said...

Brave little girl! The bandage looks very impressive though:)

Elle said...

haahah she looks so cute with that big bandage.. I remember I split my head open twice - once was when we ere jumping on the bed with dad and I fell off and hit my head on the dresser...!!

P.S thats a pretty big bandage!

Liseee said...

I can't pick who looks prouder, Em or Dr Mick!!!

The Kings said...

How lucky to have a Daddy who is a Dr! :) She looks cute!

Ange Carmichael said...

Oh no Miss Emily!! I will never forget Lani's fall, will be a birthday @ Nandos you'll never forget. Tell Lani Locke's tooth is getting very very wobbly now...it's really hanging in there this wobbly tooth!

Blanche said...

very impressive. glad to hear you handled yourself respectably Han!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!