Tuesday 29 September 2009

All dressed up and nowhere to go

A little while ago I took the girls shopping around Taunton for some new clothes. We were mainly after a new dress for Leilani because I noticed that most of her dresses were really too small for her. Lani has also been wanting to wear Emily's clothes a lot of the time lately (mainly her old ones) and it was causing a few problems so I figured it was time to get her a few new items and explain that she can't wear Emily's clothes anymore (and it worked really well).

I'm not usually into dressing my girls in the same clothes, and have hardly ever done it before. I'm not against it, I just don't normally choose to do it. I'm more likely to get the same top but in 2 different colours or something. But... when we saw these dresses in the last shop we went in (always the way) I couldn't say no! There were no other colours or similar styles, so I ended up getting 2 the same! The girls were so excited and Lani was particularly excited to 'be a twin!' We came home and after the girls had their bath they tried them on and we took a few photos outside. We later did a fashion show for Daddy!

Leilani was most excited about getting some new church shoes too... or as she calls them clompy shoes! It took us a few months to find these, and nearly every Sunday morning I would be reminded that she needed some clompy shoes for church like Emily's (her old ones!) So it was a bit of a successful day really... but maybe not for the bank account!!



Not too sure why they decided to start jumping, but I just love Emily's hands in the picture below!





Just wouldn't be right if Lani didn't pull some funny poses...



... and then watch Em try and copy her!



They had fun... and then came in and ate a sandwich with their sunglasses on ??? Weird!!!

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Funny little girls. I'm glad Lani finally got her Clompy Shoes. And you should get 2 seasons out of the dresses coz they will be good for summer in Tassie.

maree said...

Lovely dresses and perfect poses.

Nikki said...

SO CUTE!!! Gorgeous dresses and gorgeous models.

Elisa said...

Han, they look absolutely gorgeous, I love the dresses, the poses!!

Aimee said...

haha. i love it! i remember having 'clompy shoes'...i even called them that too. I just love the poses- what a crack up. girls are so funny :)

Elle said...

That is so dorky to dress your kids in the SAME thing.... at least they were not hot pink pants with skivys and at least you didnt have to take them to BIG W!!!!!!!! lol

Bride said...

SOoooooo cute!!! love the poses!

Ange Harriss said...

They are sooooooooooooo cute Han, Em is still growing!!! Two very cool little gals you have. xx (this is Jack by the way)

Melinda Harriss said...

Han, your girls are just lovely, such sweet little things!!

The Kings said...

oh they are soooooo funny and cute!

ali b said...

that second photo is too cute! some funny little moves there again! emily sure is getting tall, she will certainly not be the same little girl we said goodbye to when you get back. lani is looking older too.
we've been thinking about taking the boys to the movies, but i think jasper will be the same as emi, i think marty would be ok as long as he was really taken with the movie. thought i might wait til next year yet!

lauracritchfield said...

Very unusual you having girls in the same dress as I remember you telling me once you don't really like the idea. But anyway they look cute and I think once in a while it's okay....lol. People here always have their kids in the same church outfit - it really is a bit strange to me. Unless you find a cool dress that is like $1 or something and can't resist then I think it would be okay....but that's abou tall. I think even twins in the same clothes is a little strange in some ways...BUT those little dresses are awesome so I'll let you have this one.

Spider, Muff, Char & Mollie said...

Oh han, the girls are gorgeous and look alike soooo much dressed the same! Cant wait to see them in Jan xx

Gail Challis said...

Our wonderful angels!!! Just makes you love them even more.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!