Tuesday 15 September 2009

Paris Day 5

On Thursday I decided to stay in the hotel for the morning with the kids. They were over going out and just wanted to hang around in their pajamas for a few hours - so that's what we did! I wasn't actually feeling the best anyway - had a bit of a head cold, and I think it was good for me to take it easy.

So while I caught up on some blogging, Mum and Dad headed off to catch the red bus somewhere and Mick headed out to take some more photos... and these two little girls headed into the cupboard.....



Here are a few more of Mick's photos from around Paris...

{Modern Art}

{The banks of the river Seine}


{Notre Dame}

{The Louvre}

{This is a very cool photo really - looking through the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel and all the up the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe}

{The Ritz, where Princess Diana was staying the night she died}


Mid afternoon Mick came back and got me and the girls and we headed out to a park - it was more like a 24/7 show really.. without the show-bags! The girls had a lovely time, they rode on some electric cars...


... Jumped on the big trampolines...



and went on the green caterpillar ride two times!!!! Grandma came and met us here and the girls convinced her it was a nice easy slow ride....


.... when in fact it actually did pick up a bit of speed... Lani thought it was hilarious that Grandma was screaming!!



We then walked back to our apartment to meet Grandad who had been busy out seeing some sights. On the way one of my thongs broke - ever tried walking in a thong that has no bit between your toe!??? Very hard! Luckily we found a touristy shop on the way and I picked up an 'I love Paris' pair - which saved the day really because Paris is not the place to be walking around bare foot!

6 comments:

Ange Carmichael said...

Great photos Mick. The girls look pretty pleased with themselves on those rides. Apparently it is pretty hard to walk in broken thongs...Leighs' broke at Falls one year he was not happy!

Debbie said...

I like the pic of the fingers in the cupboard!

Elle said...

That caterpillar ride looks great! I want a turn!

Never walked in broken thongs, no.

Blanche said...

I've walked in broken thongs...at Movie world someone stepped on the back of one and...yeah anyway. I went to lost property and traded mine for another pair. Only problem was the only pair that came close to fitting were a size 9 (i'm a 6) and they were bright green...mmm so I looked like Donald Duck waddling around the park! Shame they didn't have some 'i love movie world' ones hey??

lauracritchfield said...

I want to see the THONGS

Poppa said...

Hmmmm?? What's the problem walking in Paris with bare feet? Could it be you don't you like les doggy doos?, le spit or l'urine?
I thought it would be O.K. if you had had your full round of needles for tetanus, cholera, etc.
Beautiful city, but yukky habits.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!