Monday 17 November 2008

Busy Busy Busy!

We have had such a busy weekend - I feel glad that it is over! 
Friday morning was spent cleaning the house and mowing the lawn and in the afternoon I picked Mick up from work early and we got a little bit of Christmas shopping done while Lani played at Aunty Elles. Friday evening was spent folding and ironing about 5 loads of washing. I had a pretty busy week too so I got a little behind with things. Luckily Mick helped me iron otherwise I would have been going until 2am! 
Up early for Brice and Bec's breakfast wedding reception at the Cascade Gardens. They are getting married on Friday in Melbourne so they had a bit of a gathering beforehand. It was really nice. Back home by 11.45 am to see how our open home went - we had an interested couple back for their second look and they have organised another look next week to show their Mother. So that is a little promising - but we won't get too excited!! 
We then went and picked the kids up from Grandad and found out Emily was not really being herself. Very quiet and doppy for most of the morning. We then had to go and pick the cake up for the Seminary and Institute Graduation along with a stop at the shops for some fruit. 
While all this was going on - Laura was in labour and ended up in theatre having a C section. And  Kobe Mark was finally out after quite a long and stressful labour!  
Both Mick and I were starting to get a little stressed by evening time because I had a sacrament talk to prepare and he still had a few things to organise for a training meeting tomorrow and the graduation tomorrow night. Dinner, baths and bedtime for the kids and preparing we did. 
Sunday morning Mick left early for Glen Huon ward while I tried to finalise my talk and keep  the kids happy. I was thankful when Emily went to sleep at 10.30am.
Dad and Elle picked us up for church and Mick arrived just as I started my talk! (He's lucky!)
Emily wasn't looking so good during sacrament meeting and was getting a bit of a fever. Afterwards she was crying and sounded in pain so Mick took us home. He had to be back at the chapel at 4.15 for song practice. Elle and Dad brought Leilani home and cooked us a yummy dinner while I got the supper ready for the graduation. Emily slept on and off and would wake with a real high temperature each time. 
After I got back from the graduation, Dad said Emily had just woken up again, she looked a little sad and sorry for herself and we wondered what was wrong with her - ?? 
I was packing up ready to get the girls home, when Emily vomited all over the floor. The poor little thing. (Don't worry mum - the smell will be gone by the time you get home!!)
She slept pretty well last night - only woke up at 4am for some more panodol and went back to sleep. She had a spurt of energy this morning and wanted some breakfast, she a had a bit of a play and it was SO good to see her smiling again. She's back on the couch now, not feeling so good again... so I guess we will wait and see what happens next. 
I'm starting to feel a little sick myself - but I think it's in my head - I keep smelling the vomit and I really really don't want to get sick!!! 

Little Emily this morning...


I'm feeling heaps excited about going to England next year - and I'm starting to get impatient about getting over to see Laura, Mark and little Kobe. I do know that it is going to be very hard next year though - without my family around to help me. I'm so thankful that they are always willing to help out and look after the kids for us, and I really appreciate it every time someone has the kids for me - even if its just while I mow the lawns!! 

5 comments:

Ange Harriss said...

England will be awesome! You will be back here before you know it! Well I hope all goes well with your house! Hopefully they want it that would be nice.. then you can come see me! haha You have been very busy Han! Hope Little Emily feels better soon!

xx

Elle said...

Emily looks so crook - poor little tike!

Ange Carmichael said...

Poor little Emily - I tried calling on Monday. Locke started complaining of pains in the stomach and being cold and spent the day on the couch but seemed to be right by Tuesday.

Debbie said...

Poor little Emily... Maybe she is missing Grandma.
Sounds as though you have been very busy

lauracritchfield said...

That is the first time Emily looks like Lami to me - its the eyes...

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!