Thursday 20 November 2008

Sometimes it pays to see a Doctor

I'm not really one to run off to the doctor unless I think it's really necessary... I'm happy to go if I think they will give us some drugs... but I don't like going only to be told it will pass in due time! Anyway, by Wednesday Emily wasn't getting any better, and was starting to look quite uncomfortable, she didn't sleep very well Tuesday night and was breathing like she was in pain... so I thought I had better get her in to see the Doc! Turns out she has quite a bad Chest Infection - So I was very glad that I took her in. She hasn't been coughing at all though - so it was a bit of a surprise that that's what the problem was. All makes sense now though! About an hour after her first dose of antibiotics (no kidding) she was SO much better. I couldn't believe it actually! She still isn't 100% but it's so good to see her happy again. She really hasn't been herself the poor thing. 
Last night Mick took Leilani swimming, Emily was most upset she had to stay behind - she had even put her bathers on over her clothes! But she was happy when Lani let her try on her new goggles! 
This picture cracks me up so much.... words can't describe this look!   


Leilani was so excited that Daddy bought her some pink goggles... she wouldn't try them on for a photo though... so I will have to get one on our next swimming trip. 
I think we might be back at the Doctors tomorrow now too with Leilani, she was burning up before bed and was curled up in a blanket saying she was freezing! At least we know what's going on this time.

8 comments:

Elle said...

Emily looks SO funny in those goggles, it almost looks like she doesn't have any eyes.. I wonder what she was thinking???? - especially when she looked in the mirror!!!

Hope Lani gets some drugs and feels better soon!!

Cullis Family said...

I agree with Elle, Emily looks funny but so cute at the same time.

Glad she is feeling better hopefully Lani feels better soon!

Carli said...

Maya had a chest infection last week - I'm glad that I got her to see the doc too - I hate going there with the kids!

Hope she gets well soon.

lauracritchfield said...

where there is a mirror there is Emily..lol

Blanche said...

Oh poor little Emily! Glad she is on the mend. She's a crack up...

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

I hate sick kids, bad luck for you Han. I hope they are both feeling much better soon and you get life back to normal. Em is sooooo funny, those goggles look great!!!

Debbie said...

Hope Emily is feeling better by now and that Lani didn't get too sick

Nikki said...

Haha, what a little character Emily is!! I think she's going to take after her Auntie Elle! Good to hear she's better though.
How is Lani??
Would LOVE to catch up sometime soon. Let me know when you are available...I hope the sickness hasnt passed to you! xo

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!