Monday 24 November 2008

You Have Won....

Don't you just love hearing those words!! Do you enter competitions much? Mick ALWAYS does and I'm always telling him off for wasting his time doing it!!! (hehe) He enters everything he can... well he tries to - I will often find expired tokens, wrappers and vouchers on his desk that he was meaning to enter but didn't get around to. I just think it's such a waste of time because you never win... 100's and 1000's of people enter them and its never you who wins. And I always feel ripped off when I see someone else's name come up to say they have won!! This year during the "Tour de  France" Mick entered to win a Bike and a trip to next years race... we were so excited and I must admit I did get my hopes up a little and think - 'well you never know!!' We stayed up the night they announced it - waiting to see our name, only to be disappointed once again!!! 

Stupid competitions..... until you win one!!!!! 
My luck has been quite good this year actually - seeings as though I am an 'anti competition enter-er!' It started out with winning something off Marnies blog - I thought that was very exciting! Then I won an Easter Basket from Centerpoint (I do enter things every now and again.... obviously!!) and then last week I received a phone call from my place of employment (I do paid surveys online - so not really a job, but it sounds cool if I write that) to let me know that I had won $500.00 in Myer Vouchers!!!
 Click To View Myer Gift Card Site
Everyone who did this certain survey went in the draw!! I was SO excited! There was 1 x $1000.00 winner 10 x $500.00 winners and 40 x $100.00 winners!! 
WOOOO WHOOOO!! 
How exciting is that!!! Now I just have to decided what to spend them on.... such a hard choice!!!!!

This is the Easter basket I won... and also why I am so fat! 

 

12 comments:

Debbie said...

WOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

ali b said...

wow han, how exciting! that takes care of a bit of christmas shopping, or just a special treat!!

Stephen and Chernoa said...

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY that is so great! im going to start enetering competitions now:)

Ange Harriss said...

That is so cool! I love spending FREE money! haha

Ange Carmichael said...

That is awesome, perfect timing too!
I didn't win the 'Australia' tickets from the Mercury :(

Liseee said...

That's sooo cool Han.... and a really awesome prize..

Nikki said...

Yippeee for you!! How exciting. That's a GREAT prize. I must admit I have gone in quite a few competitions (usually mother/baby ones) and have actually WON a DVD, some breastfeeding clothes and baby lotions!! I'm all for the competitions! Well done!!

The Kings said...

Im the same as you - I think its such a waste of time to enter, but obviously someone has to win, so why not you!? LOL
Congratulations!!! That is very exciting. Have fun spending it!

lauracritchfield said...

wow Hannah I hope you shared that Easter basket and I hope I get a really nice christmas present..I'm thinking you should spend a little on your sister...not elle though

Claire said...

Oh well done Han!!! Maybe you get some new snazzy luggage for you trip now!!

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Now lucky are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great way to start your christmas shopping. That would just about take care of mine. Go Han!!! You know, you could purchase a really really nice bag with that sort of cash lol.

Elle said...

wow.. I need a hair dryer, a hair curler, a straightener, and if you haven't noticed I am wearing pretty daggy clothes - thats probably why i am not married... you wouldn't want me not to get married just because I can't afford to buy new clothes... imagine living with that knowledge for the ETERNITY....

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!