Tuesday 11 November 2008

A Mighty Extension

Dad... I dug a hole!

.... It's filling with water!

(sorry, just a few lines from The Castle) 

So today Elle and I did some sawing, drilling and nailing... and we did a mighty fine job too! 
Last week I went to Mighty Mitre 10 to get some fence extensions because my Wisteria is getting a little too excited and has no where to go! The fence extensions will also add a little more privacy from the other side of the fence so I was quite excited to finally have them!

We were meant to put them up on Saturday, but the weather wasn't all that good and we were feeling a little lazy and thought a quiet day inside sounded more fun... so the fence extensions stayed on the ground! 
Anyway... so today was the day. I knew I couldn't do it by myself (well, I probably could of but that's another story!) so I planned to just stop by and see what Elle was doing and then use my magical powers to lure her over here under false pretensions . It worked like a charm and I had her over here in no time - then we got straight to work... 

First we had to measure and saw the legs to he right height...







As you can see we are no amateurs!!! It was the real deal here! 
We then had to get them on the fence in right place - which is really what I needed the help with! Although - as you can see Elle was very handy in the drilling area too!  




I was really the one doing all the work - Elle was just posing for the camera! She's good at making it look real though huh!




Nailing was quite difficult actually, but Elle made it look easy!! (and fun... by the look of this picture!!)



A few hours later and my fence was extended!! The wisteria got a little attacked in the process but its a tough old bugger so I'm sure she'll be right! 
Can't wait to see it covering the whole thing... well I probably won't be around for that... but my imagination is pretty good, so I'll just use that!


The purple flowers are beautiful when they are out - but I kind of like the bright green leaves just as much!



Thanks for your help Elle!

And just for you El....
This is Elle trying to Sunbake AND saw at the same time!!! Looks a bit relaxed doesn't she!




7 comments:

Elle said...

hmm.. i tactually looks like I did something... I was looking forward to seeing the sunbaking sawing picture....

Liseee said...

Looks like you two are very handy... and Em looks soo cute with her sunnies and her dummy!!

Debbie said...

Fence extension looks great you did a good job. No wonder you are tired - all that drilling and hammering. Elle does come in handy sometimes. At least if you still have the house when you get back the wisteria will probably be covering the extension.

ali b said...

I'd like to know what you told her to lure her over.....looks good!
Marty still has his dummy to sleep, and sometimes goes and sneaks it out of his bed. I kind of think it's cute..:) If I get rid of it he'll be too grown up, but I know Ill have to do it soon....

lauracritchfield said...

hmmm...looks like you did a good job. Was dad hiding in the background and you just didn't bother to photograph him??

The Kings said...

Oh wow - what handy women!!! I'm very impressed. It looks great.

Bron Williams said...

you guys shouldbe on better homes and gardens...vrey cool..great job
love all these posts Han..looks like fun at bruny
xo
bron

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!