Saturday 9 May 2009

"If I do wee's on the potty I get special chocolate!"

... us girls are always telling each other little secrets..... this is what Emily nearly always decides to whisper to Lani and I! Either that or "I love You"!

I might not have to change nappies anymore.... but I do seem to be hanging out a lot of these little undies!! 



Emily has been wearing them for nearly a month now (only seems like yesterday!) She is doing really well, which I am so grateful for because I was really not looking forward to doing the whole toilet training thing again. Not that Leilani was much trouble either - but I did start her a lot earlier so it seemed to take a lot longer. Emily pretty much had it all under control within a couple of days. Her first day we had lots of wet pants - probably about 50%... so I started to think this wasn't going to be easy... but the next day she seemed to just get it - poos and all! She still does a few dribbles every now and again - but we are all very proud of her - especially Leilani, who helps take her to the potty! 

Emily has little chubby legs, and her bottom is pretty much the same size as Leilani's - so they wear the same size pants - which makes it nice and easy! Her feet are also much bigger than Lani's were at that age... she's a little chubster really! 

Here she is showing you what she does best.... 


No help required with the dressing... 'I can do it by myself'! (She is actually just getting past the agro stage - where if you tried to help because she has her leg stuck she would spit the dummy with you big time - we are starting to get asked to help now... which is nice!!)




Up with the tights...




... and on with the skirt...


... which goes up a little too far!


So proud of herself.... and also her YO GABBA GABBA DVD Aunty Elle sent over - she is just so happy with it and hugs it all day long!! I was also quite happy to hear some of those cool DJ Lance Rock songs again!!!




Where did my little baby go?

15 comments:

maree said...

All grown up.

Debbie said...

I think both little girls have grown up heaps. I noticed in the last lot of pics that Lani even seems to be chubbing up a bit.

Claire said...

So cute Han! Emily really has grown up in the last few months:)

emma_williams said...

Oh what a cutie!

We are going to see Yo Gabba Gabba live in 2 weeks! I wish Emily could come with us!

Poppa said...

I don't miss those months of multiple undies and spare clothes!!!! I think it is every mum's dread...potty training ugh!!!! I can't believe that Em has grown so fast. I hope she remembers her Poppa and Grandma when we get there.

Melinda Harriss said...

Nice pic's, Emily does look so grown up.

Nikki said...

Well done Em!! Wow, no nappies, gotta love that!! :)
Beautiful pics of the park. The tulips are gorgeous.

Elle said...

Glad she likes the DVD... even though she thinks she got it from the shop..lol

Watson said...

Go Emily! What a little pro she is becoming.

Yo Gaba Gaba is the best! I am still waiting for them to put out a song on toilet training. Things are cool in our house if they come off Yo Gaba Gaba.

Ange Carmichael said...

Yep, they grow up way too quick :(
Happy Mothers day to you :) xx.

Ange Harriss said...

Oh Emi is just so cute! She cracks me up!

Debbie said...

I cant really believe how big Emily is....and how clever she is with her fashion sense..ha ha. I'm trying to toilet train Kobe at the moment...ha ha

Bride said...

Well done Emily and Well done Hannah... thats awesome, isn't it nice to be rid of the nappies... but also a bit sad because it means they are growing up!

Nettie's Blog said...

That is great Emily...you are doing a great job... i love that potty too... now you can have lot of pretty knickers..he he

Aimee said...

good one em! she does look really grown up. man, im dreading the toilet training.
i bet eli's nickers wont be as cool as emily's.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!