Tuesday 8 July 2008

26 Years Ago...



I guess a birthday deserves a post right! Yesterday was the day I was no longer 25! It was a good day. I got to have a little sleep-in, which is probably the best present of all right? And at 10.30am Ange, Locke and Zak came for a visit. Ange then offered to take Lani for the afternoon while I went Birthday shopping. Thanks Ange! I returned home with a new skirt and a pair of boots! So I was very excited - as you could imagine! I also got some new Pandora beads (so my Pandora is getting very full) among a few other great gifts! Thanks again everyone xx. 
I spent the evening on the couch watching 6 hours of Pride & Prejudice!!! It was soooo long! But very accurate to the book, so I was pleased! And kept me entertained while waiting for Mick to get home. 
Mum & Dad also got me Sense & Sensibility (the book), so now I get to start reading that, which I'm quite looking forward to. 
Thanks to everyone for the many birthday wishes & gifts and especially to my very own Mr Darcy!! (I love you Mick!)

P.S Still not sure when 'Children of the Silk Road' comes to Hobart - but I will let you know as soon as I know, I'm excited that so many want to join me... thanks! 

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Note the nappies on the line. That was my life for about 8 years. EVERY DAY even Christmas day nappies went on the line. Well except for Sundays, I could usually get away with missing Sunday - but not always.

Cullis Family said...

Happy Birthday for Monday!!
I love Pride and Prejudice - the BBC version is my all time fav cause it is very accurate.

Claire said...

I love Pride and Prejudice! Will have to borrow it when you are finished:)

Ange Carmichael said...

Glad you had a good day, toy catalogues was all it took to keep Locke and Leilani entertained in the car - in this photo you look a bit like our babies!

Ange Carmichael said...

or should I say our babies look a bit like you......

ali b said...

i think it' little emily!!!! yes, i noticed ALL teh nappies on the line deb!

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday Han!! Where is the post of the boots and skirt and of course, the pandora beads!!!!!!!!!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!