Thursday 14 August 2008

Bad News... Good News...

So the bad news came first... last night I was waiting for Mick to get home because we had our Home Teachers coming around. It was about 7.40pm and the phone rings... It's Mick, he is on the Southern Outlet with 2... yes not 1 but 2 flat tyres!! It was absolutely pouring with rain and he had hit a rock. The car behind him did the same. What a pain I thought! But I guess it could be a lot worse. He quickly rang Robbie Bell who thankfully was on his way to visit us, and asked him to pick him up. (Mmm, It's funny that Rob always seems to appear when it's flooding... remember the flood in Elle's bag!??) Anyway, it was too dark & wet to change the tyre and even if they did they still had another flat tyre. So much to our dislike we had to leave the car on the outlet all night - at this point we were glad that it was raining - because it would hopefully keep the thieves away! And it did. Mick got up early this morning, and went and changed one tyre, then took that tyre in to get a new one and then drove back and changed the 2nd tyre and then came and picked us up and we dropped him back off at his car which then took him back to the tyre shop to get  the spare changed and a wheel alignment done. What a hassle... not to mention the cost - they were brand new tyres too! Little did we know that this day would also bring us GOOD NEWS...

Tyre Image

This afternoon I arrived home and peeked in the letter box to see this wonderful envelope...


As I was heading back to the car to get the kids out my phone rings - which Leilani found in my bag for me and kindly answered! It was Daddy... after quickly getting everyone and everything out of the car and inside I opened the letter with Mick on the phone, took a deep breath and read the following...


I then read the second letter which said exactly the same - except that it was for Physiology instead of Pharmacology! Mick sounded very pleased but at the same time a bit nervous and overwhelmed I think... only 4 weeks until the Oral exam in Melbourne, where he will undergo 20 minutes of hard core questions in front of 3 examiners for each section. And then... it will be over! (For now). Knowing there is going to be no more study in just 4 weeks time (I'm being very positive here!) is an amazing feeling, and something we haven't experienced for a very long time. I'm so excited! Well done Mick on doing well enough in the written exams to get an invite to the Viva. I'm very proud of you and know that you have worked damn hard for it. I know it's going to be a very busy and tough next 4 weeks but I can't wait to hear "Honey... I'm home" a bit more often! 

10 comments:

Liseee said...

Well done Mick... that's great news. And well done to you too Han, you'vwe done a great job keeping things going while Mick has been studying. I hope you hear those words ' Honey.... I'm home' very soon. Lise xx

lauracritchfield said...

Wahoooo!!! That's awesome. Well done Mick. Well I guess you could always use those passports to come visit me. I looked into some airtickets for under 2year olds cause I was a little curious about it. Anyway I believe you can hold them on your knee for free. If you want them to have their own seat then you have to pay 10%. That is what I worked out anyway - so just hold Emily on your knee or better still make Lani hold her on her knee...lol. I would definitely find out before you book any tickets though and I would call the airline...becuase you will probably find there is a spare seat on the plane anyway and you can have that and if not then she can just sit on your knee - it will be fine. Anyway - that is all I have to say to you...other than - CONGRATS!! I wish I got an envelope that told me I passed something - even if it was a guy in the other lane that I passed.

Debbie said...

CONGRATULATIONS MICK on getting the two tyres changed on the car and getting back on the road again.

Ange Carmichael said...

Just realised how similar Mick and I are - I am an Aesthetics person and Mick is an Anaethetist person. Only real difference is that Mick seems to pass his tests. :-) Leigh

Elle said...

wow.. and I am simialr too.. I am Autistic!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA Hannah your family is fuuuunnny! Well done Mick...YAY for "honey im home"!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA Hannah your family is fuuuunnny! Well done Mick...YAY for "honey im home"!

Elle said...

Now to a serious note- thats awesome Mick.. not about the tyres.. but funny that good ole Rob shows up right on time, everytime!!
Congratulations Mick!!

ali b said...

good on you mick, hope we wont be needing your services though!!

Gail Challis said...

We are so proud of both of you for the sacrifice you have both made so that Mick can pass these exams. Lots of prayers have been said so we know that extra help has been given. We love you both. Congratulations!!!! Mum and Dad

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!