Tuesday 26 August 2008

Time to eat the Food Storage

It's taken me 3 years to get our food storage in order - and it's still not complete, but I think if we had to live on what's in our cupboards for a few months, I'd be able to give it a good crack! I really just try and keep my pantry stocked as much as possible and I'm finally at the point where when we eat something I just try and replace it when I can. (You know... keep those par levels up!)  Like everyone I try and stock up on certain things when they are on sale but NOT ANYMORE! It's time to eat our cupboards bare! I have to change my whole thought process when at the supermarket now and only buy what I need for that week, no more replacing & stocking up. Had a couple of boxes of Weetbix  in my hands the other day because they were on sale - but had to put them back!! 
The extra money we will now save from eating our food storage is going to come in very handy because organising this move to the UK is getting more and more expensive everyday. All these things keep popping up that we are going to have to do or get or buy. I'm telling you, as soon as Mick's exams are over in 2 weeks (don't even get me started on how exciting that is!!!) the Suby is up for sale and he is back on the bus! So, If you're interested in any of our cars - send me an email!! Anyway... so back to the pantry - I have to admit, that saying good bye to my beloved pantry is going to be very difficult so I took some photos so that I can check back up on it every now and again! 








12 comments:

Ange Harriss said...

Hannah your pantry looks so organised!!!

Debbie said...

Well I can see that your next job is definately getting my pantry into order.

Liseee said...

It all looks so pretty. I've started my food storage now that we are in our own place.. I love walking into the pantry and seeing all those tins and things looking organised....

Carli said...

Beautiful pantry there - have fun digging into it all getting ready for your big adventure! You're going to have SO much to blog about!!

Chelsea Parsons said...

oh wow Hannah, you are a neat freak!!! And I know all about overseas moves! Say goodbye to lots of money but it will be worth every penny!

lauracritchfield said...

hmm..lots of tuppaware...must have been to a lot of parties I reckon.

Spider, Muff, Char & Mollie said...

Looking good Han, you have so much food...!! If you want to get rid of any, just give us a call LOL

Ange Carmichael said...

Sounds like Elle may like you to throw some of that food her way. Love Emily's pig tails too!

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Great pantry Han, you are a neat freak but it does look very inviting.

Elle said...

wow...you are a real freak!!

Anonymous said...

i wish i had a big neat pantry for food storage. Have fun eating it.

The Kings said...

I am the same - I always stock up on specials. Can't resist buying a heap of what is on special that week. Love your pantry and am so jealous of all that tupperware - looks so neat and organised!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!