Tuesday 12 August 2008

Hair doos, passport photos and going to the gym in jeans!

Today I visited Chernoa at 'Bounce' and got a much needed hair cut. It feels so good to get your hair done - especially when you have a thick mop like me - she thinned it right out, so now I feel normal again. She also gave me a bit of a fringe - I swore I'd never have one of these again, as I think going through High School with a stupid fringe was enough, but this one is good... it's a 'sweepy one off to the side!!!' It will probably annoy the hell out of me, but we will just have to see! 
After the hair doo, I thought I had better go and show it off - at the gym! Mum met me there with Lani, as her and Elle were very kind to look after the kids for me so I could get the full salon treatment in peace (Chernoa gives great head massages too by the way!) Elle stayed home with Emily so that she could have a sleep (Emily, not Elle). Anyway, so I rock up at the gym to find that I forgot to put my clothes in!! Had my shoes though and thought half hour jog on the treadmill is better than nothing - so I went anyway. Felt like a bit of a loser running with my jeans on, but I did have good looking hair! 

After collecting the kids, we went in to Kingston to get our passport photos done - hence the dorky looking photos bellow! Yes, I look a bit stupid, but it's hard trying to smile without showing your teeth - and who really cares anyway... as long as it gets me out of the country! Leilani was her usual shy self and sat there looking a bit worried and Emily just stared at the camera and didn't make a sound! And I tell you what... it's flamin' expensive organising a passport. These photos cost me $15.00 each (each person). I think I got ripped off! Maybe I should have never changed my name then I could have just kept my old one! Anyone want to volunteer to be our 'Guarantor'??? You only have to fill 3 pages out!!!  




14 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

LOL - They are the funniest photos I have ever seen. Emily looks so cute but Lani looks like she is sitting on the toilet or something. Anyway so where are you heading? When do you find out where you are heading? AND is there any chance you could be heading this way for a visit? Even if you don't stay that long I don't care but you should drop in and say hello. We have plenty of room and would LOVE to have you. If not just send the kids.
Your hair looks good. It's a pity you had to look like a drop kick on the treadmill though - I hope you were close to mum and you probably would have been okay. Noone would have looked at you cause they would have been looking at her..LOL. Anyway I'll send you an e-mail as I have a question.

make it perfect said...

great hair cut hannah, i love going to get my hair done - it feels like a holiday!! kids look sooo cute :)

Bianca said...

Passport pics are so expensive these days. Scarlett and I had ours taken and I nearly died when I had to pay, especially when she took them with a digital camera!! I took Nick and ollie's pics and printed them out...perfect!!! Heaps cheaper!! Girls are so cute!

ali b said...

that photo of emily is SOOOO cute!!

Rebecca said...

LOVE YOUR HAIR!!
its so nice really suits you. your girls are so lovely and cute! I hope kels gets a sister close to her age. Where are you guys going?

Liseee said...

Nice hair cut Han..... Emily is just the cutest.... I'm with Laura, Lani looks a bit strange.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks so good Hannah....she must be a really good hairdresser. photos are good to.

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

These photos are great Han, Emily is just soooo cute, can we borrow her for a while?? Where are you guys headed?? x

Ange Carmichael said...

I dont think you can drop the old passport photos in there and not tell us all where you are going and when!!?? cya tomorrow.

Aimee said...

great hair cut Han! I remember when me and jimbo were organising our passports for new zealand it was so expensive (and that was without kids). They're really cute photos though :)

Bride said...

It's been ages since i have had the chance to catch up on anyone's blog!!!
Love all your new posts, and those passport photos are sooo cute.
We have just finished doing ours too!
Your new hair doo looks gorge!

lauracritchfield said...

I just had to have another look at these photos - they just crack me up. Did you tell the kids they couldn't smile - cause they really both look a little scared when you really look at the photos...even Emily looks a bit freaked out. Maybe they think you are sending them away..LOL

Ange Harriss said...

Passports are very expensive.. and I only had one to organise. Your photos are heaps better than mine.. i look like a criminal! haha and the stupid guy wouldn't let me take another one!! MEAN! so yeah yours are great.. and your hair looks awesome!! Can't wait to find out where you are going.. hoping it's in Aussie so we can do our melb trip again next year!!!!! xx

lauracritchfield said...

Angela - if it was in Aussie she wouldn't need a passport...

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!