Tuesday 19 August 2008

Move over QUEEN... cause I'm coming to England!

As many of you may know, we have been thinking about going to the UK for about 12 months in 2009. Well, last night we got the email we have been waiting for -  Mick was offered a job in Taunton, England! How exciting! There is still lots of paperwork and finalising to do before it is set in concrete but it's looking like that is where we will be for the year 2009. We just have to get there now!! There is so much organising to do that I don't even really want to think about it.  Taunton is South West of London and we have heard lots of nice things about it. See if you can find it on this map! 
So I have been really looking forward to this day - knowing either way if we are leaving the country or not, but it appears it hasn't been all I had expected. It's like it has only just hit me that if we go to England we are also leaving so much behind! Previously, when things were just a possibility I spent most my time thinking about all the wonderful things we are going to see and do! But now its 'real' all these other thoughts come to your mind. How am I going to say good bye to my family for a whole year?? It has been a big day for me today - I think it's still sinking in that it's 'really going too happen' but I'm sure tomorrow all the excitement will kick in again and I'll be feeling back to normal... (well a little!!) because even after saying all that I am very excited and feel very blessed for the opportunity we have been given to see another part of the world. It is going to be lots of fun and hopefully we will get to see lots of Europe too, not to forget a Jane Austin Tour around Hampshire! Anyway... so I better get back to reading my Lonely Planet guide of 'Great Britain'.   

20 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh wow Hannah!!! That is very exciting, but also going to be hard at the same time. The girls will change so much in that year. At least you have your blog to keep everyone up to date!!! Congrats to Mick.

Debbie said...

oh so thats where Taunton is.

Liseee said...

That's so exciting Han... I'm a bit sad already.. A year will fly by. Well done Mick, you've worked really hard for this.

lauracritchfield said...

Well I don't know what Mum is going to do with herself.

Ange Harriss said...

Han that is so exciting! Scary but!!! That is awesome that Mick has done so well though! WELL DONE MICK!! xx

maree said...

Great news. A little sad but 12 ;months will go by fairly quickly and you may even want to stay longer.

Ange Carmichael said...

WOW that is so exciting!!!! - by the time you get settled in it will be time to head back it will fly by - im sure you will all love it. We will have to get the cam set up so the kids can chat :)

ali b said...

sounds like fun! will be a LOOOONG plane trip i'm thinking!! so does elle get the house???!! what does lani think about it?

Kate Jury said...

WOW! that is so exciting. what an adventure!!!!!

Kate Jury said...

WOW! that is so exciting. what an adventure!!!!!

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Well, I am really really sad Han, happy for you guys but sad to be seeing you go!! Who knows, maybe we coud visit!!!! Well done Mick you have been working very hard for this so I guess it has all paid off!! Not sure what Aunty Deb is going to do without her "helpers" I guess we might become her new little "helpers" x

Elisa said...

Hannah that is so exciting. I am really happy for you guys, it will be an adventure, though I'm sure it will be hard in some ways. You will be able to do heaps of different things, and have some great experiences.

Aimee said...

congrats to Mick- how exciting for you all.

Claire said...

Very exciting Han!!!! Just make sure the kids don't come back with pommie accents!

Cullis Family said...

So exciting such a wonderful experience for you all. I am jealous that you will get to do the Jane Austen Tour!

Spider, Muff, Char & Mollie said...

Thats great news Han!! We are going to miss you all heaps and our new bubba will miss his/her little cousins!! Do you have a date to leave yet?

Bride said...

That's fantastic news Hannah!!!
What an awesome experience.
My girlfriend just moved to England and LOVES it so much. I'll have to look on the map to see where your going.
Great time to do it while the girls are still young!

Poppa said...

Congratulations kids! You will love the experience. South-West of London eh? When you look at the map, just a little further and you would leave the country.
But then, you check the scale and it's about the distance from our place to yours. You can cover travel in England so quickly.

P.S. Will Grandma learn from the blog site or have you called her while I've been away?

Poppa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

YEEEEHAAAAA! Finally you know what your doing....so excitted and soooo jealous.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!