Tuesday 19 August 2008

Walk The Line

I grew up listening to Country & Western Music, so a lot of it I quite like. (not all, but some!) Johnny Cash was always a favourite and I can still hear the speakers vibrating in the car cause Dad has it turned up so loud! I have been wanting to see the 2005 movie starring  Joaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon, Walk The Line for a while now and was quiet excited to see it on Dads DVD shelf  the other day. I really really enjoyed it, I think there is just something about 'true stories' that makes them so much more interesting to watch, and I think that's also why I loved 'Children Of the Silk Road'. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time watching  Documentaries and I love learning new things. You can learn so much about yourself and about life - and what's really important from reading/watching someone else's life. Of course it would be nice to know what bits are 'real' and what bits are there to make it a 'movie' but its enjoyable all the same. I found Walk the Line quite sad actually, and was reminded about how much of an impact we as parents have on our children. It also reminded me that the choices we make each day are so important and by making just one bad choice (like taking drugs) some of our next choices are taken away from us. (like to stop taking them - addiction kicks in and it's no longer a choice, our body and mind just need them). I know Johnny Cash was no saint all of the time but I also think that he really believed in his Faith and he always tried to stay true to himself. In lots of ways he was a good Christian and really cared about people, he just also made some bad choices - which we all do at times. Anyway, I could probably talk about this movie for ever but I better get to bed... if you are in for some Johnny Cash tunes go to this Johnny Cash Official site!

No comments:

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!