Sunday 20 April 2008

Daughters of God

Today I have finally had a chance to listen to some of the general conference talks I missed last week and to read some of this months Ensign. 
In the Ensign I found an article 'My Journal, My Testimony' which I enjoyed, especially the quote from President Spencer W. Kimball which says "Begin today and write... your goings and your comings, your deeper thoughts, your achievements, and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. We hope you will do this, ... for this is what the Lord has commanded, and those that keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives".  
I am always looking for ways to help keep the Lord on my mind throughout each day and I think this is really great council. I also know that the challenge that President Prebble set for us last month was inspired and I have really found that writing down the things that I am thankful for has helped me in so many ways. 

I have also become aware of the fact that we really need to 'live in the moment' and appreciate the stage of life we are living right now, because it won't be that way forever - which can be a real strength through those bad days.
Elder M. Russell Ballard gave a wonderful talk about this and lots of other things at the last conference which I would encourage you to listen to - 'Daughters Of God ' (just click on the link to the right). It was so uplifting and I would make a few points about it but all of it was too good to pick out just a few points! Hopefully you have some time to have a listen. 

1 comment:

Nikki said...

The talks were so awesome hey. I always love when they speak about mothers...it makes me so feel uplifted and inspired. Anyways, you know I could go on and on but I'll email you! xoxo

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!