Tuesday 10 June 2008

Baby Girl Mini Acetate Album

Last Thursday night I talked Mum into doing a scrapbooking class with me. We made - well started a Baby Girl Mini Acetate Album. I saw them in the shop just a day before and thought they looked really good, so I was happy to find that the class was on the next day. The class was pretty full on and you had to do quite a lot of 'hurrying' and 'concentrating'! But I think it was well worth the effort. We came home and finished them over the next few days and I think they look great. The Acetate looks good but it takes a bit of working out how to use it best. Next time will be better! I really wanted Mum to come so she could make one for Lani and I could make one for Emily, and I was glad I asked her to come because when we first got there and the lady said here's your stuff now cut 4 x 15 x 15 of each paper, my heart started going really fast and I thought 'what the hell is she talking about!!??' 





13 comments:

maree said...

This looks like fun. Wish you had invited me. Where was it done?

ali b said...

they look really good. what is acetate?

Kate Jury said...

they look really nice... by the way i love your new blog look.

Donna said...

Love teh look of your blog Han. Love the books too. Where did you do this class, Iam very interested..

Ange Carmichael said...

Theses look great!

Ange Carmichael said...

Funny, when I read the heading I associated it with the images of the baby and thought 'Mini Acetate' was a interesting name for a baby girl. I like the name Afrodite and thought it must be similar (greek).

But anyway, the album looks good, now I know why you wanted the butterflies so badly.

Nikki said...

Oh Han, they are awesome. I'm coming to the next one!! I went to a class last year and made this awesome christmas tree but I would love the make a little mini album of Livy. Tell me when the next one is on!! xx

Elle said...

I did the same things as Ange (or Leigh) and thought Baby Acetate.. what the hell... who is this kid.. only because it was right after Baby gus!!

Anyway, these look really good, but they look better in real life!!

make it perfect said...

looks fantastic! good that you went to a class too cause i have sooo much scrapbook stuff around here and never get around to actually doing as much as i would like to, but if i went to a class i would be forced too! great work :)

Claire said...

Albums look great Han! You'll have to teach us all how to do it.

Hannah Challis said...

To answer a few questions...
The class was at scrappers Heaven - in Glenorchy. Not sure if they will have another class, but you can buy the kits and do it yourself - comes with everything you need. They have blue ones for boys too. If you want one - I would probably ring first to see if they have any in stock - I think they were out last week, but getting more. I would be more then happy to help anyone if they got a kit and needed help.
The acetate is clear plastic stuff. So the album is see through - and like Elle said - it does look much better in real life!
As for baby ' Mini Acetate' I have nothing to say!!!!

thanks for the comments! glad you all liked it!

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Han these look awesom!!! Next play day I think we should all make one under your supervision. I have decided that we should try and do something at play day while the kids entertain themselves. Great work!!!

Marnie said...

Gorgeous ambum- you should have a class to teach us all how to do it!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!