Sunday 29 June 2008

Comments

Just so you know -  I find comments fascinating! They amaze me all the time because you just never know which posts will attract them! Sometimes you post something that you think no one will really take any liking too but then you get heaps of comments and other times you post something really exciting and think  that everyone will make a comment - but they don't!! There a lots of things to factor in when you are thinking about making a comment... like sometimes you would like to comment but don't have time, or someone has already pretty much said what you were thinking so you don't bother. Sometimes you enjoyed the post but don't really have anything to say about it and sometimes the post just didn't relate to you at all - therefore no comment! Sometimes you think you had better not comment because you don't want to look like a drop kick by commenting on every single post that someone puts up and sometimes you just can't think of anything to say. You may also enjoy being a  phantom reader and making a comment would just put you out there! There are also lots of reasons to make a comment. You may just want to say hi or let someone know you are thinking of them... (and reading their blog) or you might find a post relates to you so much that sometimes you feel you have written it - this defiantly deserves a comment! Other reasons may be you liked what your saw or found something funny. You might also like to comment if no one else has or if everyone has - just so your not left out. I guess it goes without saying that you should always make a comment if there is a giveaway at stake! Anyway... so what are your thoughts about comments? Any comments!?

11 comments:

Ange Harriss said...

Well I think comments are great! Good post Han!! I like getting comments on my blog just so I know people are reading it! And I love reading the comments on everyone elses blogs/posts!

The Kings said...

Ha ha - everything you said is exactly what I think! Sometimes I don't want to comment all the time as I feel like I am commenting too much, other times I dont comment as they may not even know I am reading their blog. Other times you feel like you just need to comment to give someone support and let them know you are reading. I love your blog and I love your style of pics - they are beautiful.

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Good post Han. I totally agree, I think if you are out there reading someones blog, you should comment on it otherwise I think you are totally stickybeaking!!!!!!!!!! If its good enough to read, its good enough to comment on. x

Elle said...

I think if you comment on a comment then the comment that you comment on should be only on a comment that you want to comment on or else it will be a waste of a comment to comment on comments that you don't want to comment on. do you get the drift any commentators out there.. Garry

maree said...

to make a long comment short., just comment on every blog you read.

Ange Carmichael said...

Well i usually comment depending on what time I have available and if I think I have anything to add - if its a quick look in between doing something probably no comment, if enough has been said then no comment, if I cant think of anything to say without too much deliberation then no comment - take tonight for example, my Leigh is in melbourne so you get long winded comment and because I am sitting on my own it becomes my entertainment for the night - lol sad but true

Debbie said...

Well it seems another lurker (Garry) has started commenting on the comments. Now we are really going to be confused when Elle (or I) say something when we are logged in for someone else.
Back to the subject. Sometimes there just isn't anything for me add to the comments already made, so I don't bother.
I do get sick of typing that cryptic word thing on most ppls blogs though. Sometimes I have to have a second go because I just can't figure out what the letters were. So maybe if ppl want me to comment they should remove the code thing.

Bride said...

Yes i agree with Deb, the word verification is annoying.
If i have the time when I'm reading, i'll always make a comment, as i love to get them too. It's like getting mail! lol...
Great post Hannah.

Elle said...

I think everyone who just commented should go back and think about how they just spent five minutes of their life - you will never get that 5mins back - and you talked about comments, while making a comment.... that was the weirdest thing that Ihas ever happened to me in my whole life... except for the flood I had in my bag - but I must admit, I did wonder who was going to comment on that post and I wondered if it was 'comment worthy'... anyway, so I am still a bit confused with Dad's comment, and I am really glad he doesn't have a blog, because that might be interesting..... anyway, so .... that is my thoughts on comments..

Claire said...

I love to comment!!! BUT I will say that the word thing is really annoying... because whenever I type a really great comment I always loose it because I copied the word thing wrong, even though I did it correctly. Very frustrating!

PS Garry I loved your comment on the comments and the comment blog. Worth the 5 minutues.

Chelsea Parsons said...

Im impressed you got that deep thinking on a post! It was awesome! I often think about comments too! They are fun...

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!