Tuesday 24 June 2008

Our First Garden!

Yesterday I finally had the chance to finish the little house album we did at Chelsea's on Friday. Chelsea, Sarah, Nikki and I had a great day and were so grateful for Annette keeping the kids entertained all day. I decided to do mine about our developing garden. When we moved into our house in September 2005 the landscape was non existent, the backyard was a muddy clay mess with a few horrible pine trees around. But with the very skilled help of my father, we were able to turn this into a great, safe backyard for the kids. Well Mick and Dad were - I just got the drinks! Mick still has nightmares about moving all that dirt and mixing all that cement... and waking up to Dad knocking on the door at 8am ready to start another day! But once all the hard work was done I was able to start my very own garden! I then spent many hours around at the Fork In The Road Garden Centre and not long after we had FLOWERS! I learnt a lot about gardening- especially from Mum and Dad, and really enjoyed it. I'm sure I'll do a better job next time, but for my first go I think I did okay! Dad and Mick also put in a front path and I did a bit of gardening out there as well. There is still so much to be done around our house, but it all takes a lot of time and money - hopefully we will get there one day! But once again a big thanks goes to you Dad for all your hard work. For a full before and after look, check out my facebook! Anyway... back to the album... here's my finished product.













7 comments:

Ange Carmichael said...

Looks like fun :-)

Ange Harriss said...

That's look really awesome Han! You will have to have a Woolley Mammoth class! haha

Chelsea Parsons said...

so glad you finished it Hannah... it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah! it looks great. i wish i could do one but, its during work hours. they are pretty cool. hope your well. noey xxx

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Gee Hannah, you are getting clever, I have just worked out sound etc on my computer and am listening to your music, it is really cool and adds a nice touch to your Blog!! I might have to look into it I think. Anyway, this book looks awsome, I still think we should do something like this when we have play day!!

Kate Jury said...

Hey Hannah arent you clever! I love this. I love to learn how to do this!

The Kings said...

Looks great Hannah!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!