Tuesday 10 June 2008

When a Mother gets Sick

On Friday I woke up with an instant head cold. There was no slowing working up to it - it was like BAM it hit me and hit me hard!! I shouldn't complain - compared to some people and what they have to go through a little cold is nothing, but we all know that when you're a mum and you get sick - there is no boss to call! There is no temp to come and do your work and most of all there is no rest! Well I did rest a little and that's why my ironing pile is so huge!! I won't show you the rest of the house because that would just embarrass me more! 


But to make a sad story end well I was very very lucky when Dad - who actually had it quite bad himself, said to me on Sunday night that he would take the kids somewhere for me on Monday to give me a break! My eyes did light up and all of a sudden I was feeling well again! All the things I could do! Dad suggested going shopping or something..... but I had a much better idea! I would spend the day cleaning! ( I think I have problems!)
So not only did Mum and Dad take the kids out for the day - but they took Leigh and his family with them - and brought home about 400 really great photos! (Dad and Leigh both have really good cameras!) So I was very happy! Thanks Mum and Dad xxx (And Leigh!)

By the way - I didn't get all my ironing done but I did get LOTS of housework done. And I do have to confess - while I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor I thought to myself.... "Hannah, you are a freak, there are so many more creative things you know you would rather be doing while you have the house to yourself.... why the hell are your scrubbing the floors!?" I just had to do it though - I knew my week would be better if I did... that's me!!! 

I'll post some of the good photos soon! 

4 comments:

The Kings said...

LOL - you are very much like me Hannah! If I get a spare minute I would be doing the same - not that my house is spotless, as it is far from it, but I can't relax if I know there are things to be done. Glad you are feeling better and I love the new blog look - especially the pic of the girls as the header.

Liseee said...

That's so funny Han....

make it perfect said...

aahh...me too - as soon as my kids are gone i clean like crazy! its like the best feeling ever cleaning without anyone around to take your attention away or mess up right behind you! hope you feel better now...LOVE those cute pics of the girls! xxx

Michele said...

Hannah your ironing looks so neatnot just in a heap you put us to shame

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!