Wednesday 18 June 2008

Our Date With Michael Buble



In February we booked tickets to see Michael Buble live in concert on June 17th and the only place we could get seats was in Adelaide. We were very excited as going to concerts is not something we do often. We did see Richard Marx at Wrest Point about 2 years ago, and my only other concert experience has been Bardot! When we booked them it seemed like ages away and we thought the night was never going to come - but guess what? It did!!! 
On Tuesday morning we packed the kids up and dropped them off at Grandma & Grandad's house. What would we do without you Mum, Dad and Aunty Elle? We love you so much and are SO thankful for everything you do to help us. Leilani and Emily were so happy to be staying there 'the whole night' so it wasn't a worry for us at all, we knew they were in good hands! Then we were off! A quick trip to Adelaide to see the 'Irresponsible Michael Buble!!!' What a fantastic concert. He was SO entertaining and we had a great night - surrounded by almost 10,000 other screaming fans!!! We were very lucky to be entertained by 'Naturally 7' first. These guys are amazing, and so talented - every sound is created by the human voice, and they sound like a full on band! We did the real concert thing at the end and bought their CD and got it signed by each of them! I was so tired by the end of it - I'm not good at staying out late - I feel like an old woman! 
We stayed at the Sebal Playford on North Terrace, a beautiful boutique hotel which has won a lot of 'Best Luxury Hotel' awards over the past few years and had a big buffet breakfast in the morning. 
We thought (well I thought and just told Mick to think also!) that it would be a good idea to go and get a 'Buble Bead' for my Pandora bracelet so I could remember this special occasion! So we spent the morning searching for that!
We arrived home to two very excited little girls, one of which had already decided she had so much fun that she would like to stay another night at Grandmas (Grandma had other ideas I think!!) and mum was very kind and had dinner ready for us when we got there so we were very spoilt. 
One thing I like about going away is coming home! As much as I loved being away, its a nice feeling to be back home with everyone under the same roof again!
I feel very spoilt. It was so wonderful taking some time out just for us, being able to be together for 2 days thinking about nothing but us. (well Mick did study on the plane!) 
I am so grateful that we were able to do this and will remember it forever! 

 

18 comments:

lauracritchfield said...

Sounds like fun. I'm a little jealous. There was a group of people from work that went to a Michael Buble concert about a year ago. They said it was awesome.

The Kings said...

Oh how awesome!! So nice you could do that together. I bet it was a great concert.

Ange Harriss said...

Well sounds like you had a great time Han! Holidays are great! xx

Debbie said...

i had other ideas about lani staying in my room another night too... but i will admit that everytime she stays i can't wait til the morning when she always says "Elle...." and I say 'Yeaahhh' and she says 'I can't see the door'.... LOL

this was elle.. NOT debbie.. debbie DiD NoT sign out..

maree said...

lucky Hannah and Mike. Sounds like it was a great concert and you even had aplane trip to get to the concert.

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Well you are a lucky thing, two trips away in the past couple of months, I think I need to catch up to you. Where can I get Matt to take me? Glad you had a fun time.

Gail Challis said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I was thinking of you while you were gone. I'm glad the girls had a good time too. You are right, it's nice to go but even better to be home with everyone. Michael B is the best!!! We have 4 of his albumns. If I hadn't gone to the Osmond concert I would have loved to see MB. Never mind, I got my fix!!!

Nikki said...

Glad you had a great time Han. xx

Bron Williams said...

ok im jealous
:)
but yes very good to do with yuor man
B

Ange Carmichael said...

Nice for you guys to get away, sound like you had a great time :-)

Debbie said...

Well it is nice that you can share the music with us anyway

Bride said...

You lucky thing!!!
Not only did you get a concert, but you got a night away with your hubby!!! Oh i miss my mum, it's so nice being able to leave the kids and not worry.

Claire said...

Well Han, I didn't even know you were going until today FRIDAY!!! Like 3 whole days AFTER you got back!!! Are you not telling me stuff now? Am I so far out of the loop that I don't even know when you leave the STATE?? Really!!!

Glad you had a good time though. I love MB. Post a pic of your pandora too!!! I think I should get one for the new house, you know, just to remember to pay the mortgage every week...:)

Michele said...

don't need to buy the cd just do some blogging and listen to yours

Michele said...

don't need to buy the cd just do some blogging and listen to yours

Chelsea Parsons said...

watched the DVD tonight and listened to your CD's Thanks Hannah!!!

Liseee said...

Well I forgot you were going away agin... Lucky thing.. I am alreadyplanning the next trip away.. (I mean shopping) November sounds good to me. we can do our christmas shopping.

Carli said...

COOL TRIP! I'm glad you enjoyed it all so much and got to have some precious time together :)

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!