Sunday 8 June 2008

Sisters Heart to Heart

I am so blessed to have 2 sisters (and 4 sister in-laws) and I'm so glad that Leilani and Emily have each other as sisters. A special bond is shared between sisters like no other. I know that I am most happy when all my family is around me, this isn't always the case though so I'm glad that I have happy memories of being with them, special times we have shared together, and in this case especially my sisters. 

 Sisters Heart to Heart
A shoulder I could cry on, a helping hand in times of need, a cheerleader to lift me up, my angel in both word and deed. 
We told each other secrets; we giggled and we cried. We shared our joys and sorrows - we were always side by side. 
We have a special bond, I knew it from the start. You'll have my love forever - We're sisters, heart to heart.
- Joanna Fuchs



Two more quotes I like...

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. 
 - Clara Ortega

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child!
-Linda Sunshine

6 comments:

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Well Hannah, you must have some spare time. your blog looks great!! I am so jealouse. I think I need a new computer. Mine seems to be a bit slow. Dont tell Matt that though, he will never let me get a new one. Anyway it all looks great.

maree said...

The photo at the begining looks so cute. You must be very happy with 2 little girls.

Bride said...

Hannah, your blog looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I love those pictures of your girls. Can you give me some tips please...

lauracritchfield said...

I think the only way to compete with your blog is for you to send Lani and Emily over here for a few weeks. I bet I can get some great shots. My blog sucks and I'm thinking of putting it out of action for a while - until the baby is born. Then I can take LOTS of pictures (hopefully he's cute cause if he's not I'm going to have to tell people I don't have a camera).

Hannah Challis said...

Laura - You don't need Lani and Emily, you just need some time. Of which you probably don't have much of right now!

Gail Challis said...

You have inspired Poppa to begin his own Blog on the grandchildren. We are so proud of all 7 grandchildren and their wonderful parents. Keep the photos and thoughts coming. It is the highlight of my day to log on and see what they are up to now. Although it does not make up for seeing and playing with them. Hopefully soon....maybe this weekend if we get the new car we can come and show it to Emily and Leilani. Hugs and kisses, Grandma and Poppa

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!