Saturday 21 February 2009

Bells

We live near lots of old churchs, one being St Mary's Church (Church of England). It is pretty big and has bells that ring every 15 minutes!!! The bell chimes on the hour and then has a short ring at quarter past, a longer one at half past and an even longer one at a quarter to! We can hear it from inside if we are being quiet, but usually it is drowned out by the kids or the TV! It starts at 7am and has its last ring at 10pm! I will try and get some more photos of the Church soon, cause it really is beautiful but here is one now of the tower from our car park. 

This is Whirligig Lane. Quite a lot of people use this Lane to get from one side of town to the other, it bypasses the main streets (The High Street). 


There are lots of different ways to walk from Whirligig Place, so it's kinda fun to go a different way each time. Just off Whirligig Lane is this walkway,  it runs beside another church and leads out onto 'The High Street'. Doesn't it look beautiful!


2 comments:

Elle said...

WOW. that looks amazing. I SO want to come there. I am a little jealous that your there. I can't believe how close you are to everything. If you can find me a job there, I will come and live with you and pay you 1 pound to live in your house, plus I will provide a free babysitting service (although I still haven't really paid off that phone - thanks Mick). Anyway that looks awesome, and I can't wait to see inside. It must be starting to get really nice there with spring coming up. Summer will be awesome too I reckon, and then there will be wonderful snow at the end of the year and everything will be white and amazing.. and I am going to stop writing now... bye bye

maree said...

It does look lovely. All the old building look very interesting.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!