Tuesday 24 February 2009

Swamp Devil

So I'm sure that everyone is just going to think that this post is weird and not funny... but that's okay... this one can just be for Mick and I to remember our friend the Swamp Devil!!

So the other night we somehow ended up watching this really lame movie called "Swamp Devil" - it was just on the telly and once we started watching we sort of couldn't stop even though it really was just stupid!!! It was about this guy who turns into a Swamp Devil and tries to kill all these people. When he turns into the swamp devil (he changes back and forth) he looks pretty much like a big tree thing with arms and legs, it really was quite ridiculous! Anyway, we stayed up late watching it, wishing that we hadn't, had a bit of a joke about it and didn't think much more of it... until 2 days later when we were driving along the M5 (big motorway) and we looked out the window and saw this....



'It's the Swamp Devil' we both said!!! It was pretty funny! (for us!!) It's hard to see in the picture but this 'thing' is made out of weaving sticks or something. We have no idea what it actually is or what it's meant to represent (guess I should find out) but I think it will always be known as the Swamp Devil to us!!!

3 comments:

Michael Challis said...

When I first saw it I had dodgy flashbacks to the movie and thought we should try to "get over the County Line" so he couldn't get us, but then I realised he wasn't real. Good post Han! I enjoyed it. Wonder if you'll get any other comments? I mean....it was such an awesome movie, surely everyone out there has seen it.....NOT!

Chelsea Parsons said...

Oh this made me laugh. That's something you will never forget! WEnt to Noey's last night for a hair cut and we talked about you wondering what you were going to do for a hair cut. She told me you probably wont have it cut all yr so I am eagerly awaiting to see how it looks when you come home! he he!!! I love Noey cuts! And I say... learn to wax your own legs girl!

Blanche said...

yeah I agree, you can do it yourself (waxing that is) and just a thought on your swamp devil...is he a wicker man?? maybe you can find out? I will be waiting with baited breath.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!