Monday 23 February 2009

Second Floor

I have never desired to live in a 2 storey home and when we lived at Waterworks road it confirmed to me that stairs are just a pain!! We have found it a fun game to try and spot the 'one storey' home here... we have found a couple, but not many at all - it does seem very practical and when you get used to seeing 2 storey homes you start wondering what a one storey home looks like and why you would ever only have one floor!! All the houses here are not only 2 storey + but they are stuck together!! (photos of all this to come soon). 
Anyway, some how, we ended up in a 3 storey home!! I'm getting used to all the stairs and started to shed those extra pounds I have put on - so I guess it's not all bad! Welcome to the 2nd floor...



This is Leilani's room, its not very big, but big enough - especially when you don't have anything to go in it anyway!!! The beds have drawers under them, so their clothes go in there and both rooms on this floor have big cupboards... which is also handy when you have 6 suitcases to store!!! 



And this is Emily's room...



The girls have enjoyed having their own beds again I think! They have both slept really well since being here and we haven't heard from them once until 7am when the stupid (I mean lovely) bells ring! I was a little worried how they would go sleeping on a different floor than us, but in the morning they just go into each other and then wander up!!!

The main bathroom is also on the second floor, check this out... 

We went from this....



... to this...




It was kinda hard to take a picture of, but this bathroom is really quite big (bigger than our main one at Willowbend Road) It has carpeted floor... which is kinda weird but quite nice! Especially coming from horrible, really old, un-washable lino stuff in the last place. We do get a bit of a wet carpet smell every now and then though so I probably wouldn't recommend it long term... but for 12 months we can deal with that! 

5 comments:

Bride said...

Your place looks really nice Hannah!
Makes it so much easier to settle into a new area when you have a NICE home to live in!
The girls look like they are having lots of fun!

lauracritchfield said...

oh I forgot to tell you I found some princess band aids for Lani. I'm a bit mad actually because those dora ones we got cost $3.98 from safeway and I found the same ones for $0.98cents in walmart - so I got a bunch of them and will send them over...really really soon.
yes the house looks awesome...

Rach said...

The house looks lovely han, better than the first one for sure.
Give the girls a big hug from all of us - that means six each, no skimping!!

Rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail Challis said...

The house looks great. Is the next installment the third floor? We can't wait. Love you, Grandma and Poppa

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!