Thursday 5 February 2009

Staff Residences, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton Somerset

We have called this place home now for one week! And what a week it's been! 

This is our front door...


This is our back yard... the one that is kinda cut off, but it looks exactly like the one you can see... huge isn't it!!!?  (I haven't even been out there to be honest!!)


This is taken from our bedroom window.


Our front door again, and walkway to the car park and hospital. Only the window closest to the door is ours... the other one is the neighbours.... we haven't had any complaints yet about the kids being noisy... but I think if we are here much longer we might start getting a few!!


Path up to the Laundry Facility, which we have to pay 2 pound a wash and 1 pound a dry for... so when ever you don't feel like doing the washing... just be thankful you have a washing machine you don't have to walk through the snow to get to and pay a couple of pound to use each time!!!!



This is the week that I found out jet lag is real!! We were so unmotivated, tired and careless to do much of anything for at least half of the week. We didn't even un-pack our bags until Sunday (arrived Thursday) and believe me, we were over living out of a suit case long ago!!
We didn't really care  though and just used this time to try and recover. The kids were pretty good, but were waking up during the night a bit... and we always seemed to wake up with one of them in our bed, not knowing how they got there or when!!
On Tuesday I really stated noticing a difference though... I was finally starting to feel okay. I had some energy back and felt like someone had changed my battery! The kids are finally back to sleeping all night, which is a big relief because we had a couple of bad nights with Emily... she would wake up at 1am and then just lay there wide awake... wiggle around, tell you she wanted her nappy changed, go back to her bed and then come in again.... all this would go on for at least 2 hours! It was horrible and I felt so bad for her.  We have eaten more take away this week then we have the while time we have been married! (well nearly!) But there is a good reason for that.... and you will understand when you see our kitchen.... have not taken a photo yet though so you will have to wait for that!!

I have been checking out all the supermarket chains, trying to work out which one is best... so far I have found Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons, Wilkinsons and ASDA! So that has been fun! Other then that Mick has started work, we have joined a bank, got a phone, had a little drive around town, bought a TV licence, tried to find car insurance, looked for places to rent and met some news friends.  
And that pretty much covers our first week in Taunton!

2 comments:

maree said...

I suppose with the weather over there you dont need a big backyard. hope you find what you want.

Chelsea Parsons said...

it reminds me of student housing in America while we were there! Talked to your Mum tonight Han.. she filled me in on what you have been up to. First few weeks are hard till you make it home. Get cleaning that kitchen girl!!!!!! I wanna see some fake tupperware in cupboards!!!

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!