Sunday 18 January 2009

Happy New year

We arrived home from our holiday on Thursday 1st January 2009 to a house full of empty cardboard boxes. We had the whole house to pack up and just under 2 weeks to do it. But once we got started it didn't seem to take that long at all. We had big piles of boxes in no time. Some things were easy to pack, others were a little more difficult and I uummmed and aaggghhh over them not really wanting to say good bye for a whole year. 
Lani helped me pack her and Emily's room up and she did a really good job and seemed to handle it well. A few things came back out of the box for one last play before it got taped and she hugged and kissed every teddy before gentle placing them in the box. I did feel a little sad for her, but think how excited she will be to see them all again in 12months time!!

Here is Lani giving Ducky a cuddle...
 

And in the box he goes with all his friends....

And saying goodbye...

It has been such a busy 2 weeks packing up the house, sorting out what to take and what to pack and what to chuck! It has obviously made me an absent blogger, and I'm just starting to catch up now. It has been nice to finally slow down a bit this week but I have also been feeling  extremely tired - I think it is all catching up with me now.  

3 comments:

Ange Carmichael said...

Awww, that has made me feel sad seeing her pack her ducky away :(

Ange Harriss said...

That is so cute of Lani!! You are so mean making her pack all her teddies away! haha just kidding!!

Well I shall see you at the airport on Wednesday for our goodbye I guess! xx

Aimee said...

wow...that's amazing you did that all in under 2 weeks. It looks so organised! (and you even managed to send Meg a package in the mean time- thank you heaps x)

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!