Sunday 25 January 2009

Real Snow Flake

So I have always wondered why they draw a snow flake in the shape of a snow flake! I had never seen, until now a 'real snow flake' and always thought it was strange that someone just came up with this star like, crystal shape to be the symbol for a snow flake. In Tas the snow flakes are always just oval drops. I was very excited to see these real snow flakes in Colorado and couldn't really believe it actually. These ones were tiny, like the size of a rice bubble, but Mark said they get quite big. What an amazing site, and how does it get like this? It's so tiny but has been created so perfectly. I guess it's just another one of Gods miracles! 

5 comments:

maree said...

Those snowflakes look so delicate, they dont look real.

Debbie said...

I believe i tried to tell you about this at stage, as while I was in Finland I discovered this and thought it was so amazing.... it appears you weren't listening to!!

Elle

ali b said...

that really is amazing! i had no idea either! good to see so many posts, and that you sond like you're enjoying yourselves so far. haven't been home much to leave any comments, but must tell you the girls left one of their ballerina sticker books here when they had haircuts. i don't think it was meant for the plane....!

Chelsea Parsons said...

so beautiful! I remember the first time in NY when I saw them. I was entranced...

make it perfect said...

wow!! they are absolutely beautiful!

to think that we are in the middle of a heat wave and you guys are playing in the snow...

xxx

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!