Wednesday 21 January 2009

A Week Of Goodbye's

Our goodbyes started on Sunday (11th) at our last Family Tea (for a while anyway). At this stage we didn't really know if we were heading out on Tuesday night or not, but we thought we had better say some goodbyes just in case. The kids got together for a photo shoot, which turned out to be a very successful event!!! (As getting a group of kids together always is!!) 







I hate saying goodbye and I felt quite sick about the whole thing really. Turned out it was the last time I did see a few people but not all. We have had another big week and tried to catch up with as many people as we could, but we still had so much to do so it was hard. I also felt very tired for most of the week as I think the 2 weeks packing up the house had finally caught up with me. It has been physically draining as well as emotionally draining. The kids have been great though and have had quite an enjoyable week really. 
I'm just glad the goodbyes are over now and we can get on with the big adventure!! 

5 comments:

Liseee said...

These pics turned out pretty good Han. I'm impressed that you have made 2 blog posts since being in Melbourne, just keep them coming while you are away so I can see what you guys are upto. I'm glad that I didn't have to say goodbye to you twice I am a sook with things like that and am a little teary now thinking that it's going to be so long before we see you again. Enjoy your time with Laura and Kobe. Lise xx

lauracritchfield said...

yeah sometimes I just want to get the hell out of there and not worry about the goodbyes. I hate them. The worst thing is it seems to get harder the older you get - which is rather strange. To be a kid again...they were the days that I had no worries at all..lol

Bron Williams said...

hey guys thinking of you.wishing you every success and looking forward to seeing lots of your adventures in england
lv bron W

Claire said...

I hate goodbyes. I am such a sook. And since having kids I can almost cry at anything... Anways!! Wishing you all the best with everything, it's not forever. Just hope you guys have a great time (and survive the plane ride..... Ben got to sit next to two reallllllly large ppl on the way to Sydney, lucky!)

Nikki said...

How great for the girls to have so many cousins who love and care for them. What a lovely reunion it'll be when you get back.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!