Wednesday 18 March 2009

It's Spring Time

The weather has been beautiful the past 3 days, there is nothing quite like the warmth of the sun, a blue sky and bright green grass. Taunton is filled with daffodils at the moment and I just love it. I think daffodils look their best growing in the fields, grouped together and untouched. Nature is just amazing really and I love how you have no idea what seeds and bulbs are hiding away until it's their turn to pop up and flower. Hard to believe that all these trees will soon be covered in leaves. 




(Just so you know... the girls were picking up the flowers off the ground - not picking them!!) 


This is Vivary Park in Taunton, it's beautiful and looked after quite well. They have a flower show here every year - in August, so I'm excited to go to that. Taunton prides itself on it's award winning floral displays and gardens, and I'm starting to see why. Sometimes I wish my eyes had a built in camera!! Most of the floral displays I have seen so far are from the car, they look so good and do so much for the reputation of the town I think. I just love spring... especially if you own and care for a garden -  all your hard work starts paying off! I guess someone else will be enjoying the garden at Willowbend Road this year!! 






Still can't believe it is March and we are in spring!! When ever I see the raspberries and strawberries in the shops I can't help but think 'they must be a bit old now!!'  I had some fresh radishes today though and mmm... they were good! I was very excited to see some Everlasting Daisies in Vivary Park too. Can't wait to see all the tulips come out! There really is nothing like Spring time!!

5 comments:

Ange Carmichael said...

Cute new header photo - nice to see some layers being shed and the weather starting to warm up over there! Love your B&W's - I have just spent some time playing with some pics while Zak was asleep, it's so much fun hey!
Yuckety yuck - suxs to be sick!
And....how fast is the year flying by already!!!!

Elle said...

yeah I thought it was kinda nice that you said you really liked to see the daffodils untouched and then in the photo your children were PICKING them.. lol!

Emi and Lani look like they are LOVING it over there. Hope they don't love it to much that they don't wanna come back .. !!

The Kings said...

Nice to see the girls with their coats off! ;) Pretty place.

Bride said...

I love those last two pictures.
It looks beautiful

lauracritchfield said...

I LOVE SPRING. It's getting soo nice here too. I went for a walk today and it makes you feel so awesome that summer is on its way

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!